Cubase and XG Sound Module help needed! :)

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by Cantabile, Nov 1, 2003.

1. Cantabile

Cantabile Guest

Hello all :)

My very first post (of many!)

I have just bought a second-hand Yamaha MU-10 sound module and am running Cubase on my PC.
    I am a little stuck on how to make the list of all the MU-10's sounds (is this called a patch list?) available to select in cubase as a drop-down. I have a feeling I need to d/l and install a list of some sort (something to do with XG?), but I don't have a clue how! :( I've searched in vain on the internet for advice on this, and eventually came accross these boards...

Anyone know how I go about this?

Thanks muchly :)

Cantabile
  2. ZelRiptha

ZelRiptha Thnow White but I drifted Staff Member Super Mod

I know XG and Cakewalk, or XG and WinJammer, but alas, don't know Cubase. Anyone?
  3. Cantabile

Cantabile New Member

I've been looking through all the folders I can think of and still I have no idea what to do :(

If anyone knows how to install a patch list, please reply! :)

Yours thankfully,

Cantabile
  4. mine

mine New Member

Ok. I use cubase and cakewalk. The first thing I need to know is how you are pluging in the mu-10. I asume it is via a midi in on a sound card? What type of sound card? If this is set up correctly you will be almoast there
  5. Cantabile

Cantabile New Member

I'm running Cubase 5 (VST/32) on a PC running Win 2000 Pro with a Soundblaster Platinum soundcard.
    I'm connecting to the MU10 via MIDI through the computer's MIDI Out...the MU10 is also connected to my PC through one of the COM ports via the MU10's 'Host' plug, but I'm not sure if that is used to send MIDI info or just to access the synthesis features on the MU10.
  6. mine

mine New Member

Hummm... One thing to check is that your midi gear is set to send and recieve midi information. Also your soundblaster card will have its own configuration software, Check this.
  7. johnrowley

johnrowley Member

Does the MU10 have midi out as well as the com port host, perhaps that is used to find the list of sounds in the bank.
  8. jazzy_jay

jazzy_jay New Member

hi Cantabile,
    Presuming that all your midi connections are correctly executed.You will need a cubase script file for your yamaha mu10.The process for using the script file is mentioned in the cubase user guide.Or you could visit this link for a quick referance http://www.studio4all.de/htmle/main77.html

I could not find any script file for the Mu10 but I am including two script files for the yamaha mu50 and mu80 I don't know if there is any similarity in all these models but its worth the try.

Regards,
    jay.

Attached Files:

9. jazzy_jay

jazzy_jay New Member

this is the Mu80 script file

Attached Files: