Cubase SX

Discussion in 'Sequencing Software' started by jazzism, Apr 1, 2003.

1. jazzism

jazzism New Member

Ive been working with midi for a while but havent delved too deeply into it.I find out new things when i need to do something new. Im writing to see if someone can shed some light on the problem im having.Im trying to edit a type 1 midi file in Cubase SX and save it as type 0 which is the prefered format for my mfile player.When i try to export the file i end up with a zero byte file. Trying to save the unedited file from within SX as type 0 yields the same result.This has never happened to me before,however today i tried another file, by dbassman and the same thing happened,although another file i edited today worked fine so i dont think it is the software. Is there some sort of secret copy protection or hidden file attributes on these files. I will include a copy of the file i am trying to edit,hoping that someone will be nice enough to check this out and respond
    cheers

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2003
  2. The Keeper

The Keeper The Keeper

I've never had that happen, but i use vst. Do you convert it from 0 to 1 or 1 to 0 within the program, and then export. I'm probably stating the obvious here, but I'm scratching my head on this one. I'll see what I can find....
  3. jazzism

jazzism New Member

Yes thats right.Im trying to convert it from Type 1 to type 0 from within the program.I included the file in my post.Its in type 1 and im trying to edit it and save it as type O. Im just wondering if there is perhaps some hidden file attributes i have to change.
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2003
  4. jazzism

jazzism New Member

An addendum to my previous post.Trying to save the file after opening it within the program in its original type 1 format yields a zero byte file as well,so i am truly stumped.
  5. jazzism

jazzism New Member

Well ive been able to figure out the solution to this problem,and am posting it to see if it might help someone in the same situation or if anyone else has come across this. I opened the tempo track editor and discovered that ther had been a few instances of different time signatures inserted throughout the tune.The tune is in 4/4 but has 2/4 measures added throughout.after removing these 2/4 bars i am now able to save the tune as a type 0 or type 1 file which i couldnt do before.I have not read through the operation manual yet to see if this issue is addressed,but if someone has some info on this feel free to respond.
    Ps,this same thing happened with the other file i was working on.This time though the time was in 2/4 with a few odd 4/4 measures inserted throughout.After removing the 4/4 measures i was able to save the file. After being frustrated with this problem i got a copy of cakewalk 9 and had no problem at all with these 2 files.It was just a total drag to have to learn a new program and certain shortcuts like control A select all which is a normal shortcut on just about every windows program is ctrl+num 5, so im glad i figured this out and will continue using SX as it just seems better for me
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2003