Dangerous Virus - Agobot/Gaobot

Discussion in 'Computers' started by MDniteStryKR, Jun 16, 2004.

1. MDniteStryKR

MDniteStryKR I'll come back to you when I'm dead! Staff Member Super Mod

I picked up this virus through Kazaa most probably since i don't open unknown attachments and i downloaded quite a number of stuffs recently..well i'm not sure how dangerous it is but it had disabled my NAV auto-protect and AVG Control Centre..when i opened any of my anti-viruses to re-enable auto-protect they would close within seconds and auto-protect would be disabled..so i had no way of identifying this virus..i ran Trend Micro's free online scanner but it found no viruses.

Finally, out of exhaustion i simply logged into the Guest account and to my surprise i found that both AV were fully functional..i ran AVG and it detected a virus i believe which disabled both my AV's..it's called Worm/Agobot.23.BS thankfully AVG deleted the damn thing and both my AVs are perfectly normal..so beware of this virus as u won't be able to detect other viruses that u may have attained..here's some info on the virus i found on the net:

Trend Micro

Sophos

AVG

just hope u don't get this virus which robbed 3 days of my semester break and caused a headache of staring at the computer screen for too long :thumbsup:

:rock:
  2. Coffein

Coffein New Member

i think filesharing-systems like kazzaa and emule are making a computer pretty vulnerable. before i installed a firewall my antivirus-prg had much to do when i started emule...
  3. MDniteStryKR

MDniteStryKR I'll come back to you when I'm dead! Staff Member Super Mod

Yup..i never had problems with viruses and trojans even when i started kazaa 2yrs ago but now it's just like a virus hub!