Dear Lord!! what next ?!?!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by §ereña, Aug 15, 2002.

1. §ereña

§ereña **The Original Sin**

For anyone interested in reading this ,

I just LOST my WHOLE midi collection.......

AAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flamemad:

Damn that felt good. :)

While moving (cut & paste) that darned folder, it magically disappeared.......actually a lot of files have 'disappeared'. :damn:

hmmmmmmm...........not to worry, when i have finished my exams, i will strip the processor down, strap it to the table and continue to probe its 'mind'...............i have ways of making it talk, you know........MUWA HAHAHAHA!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Feel free, fellow users, to throw insults at this condemned machine!!!

:boink:
  2. theARTiSAN

theARTiSAN Administrator Staff Member Super Mod

whooooooh F**K! THAT SUCKS!
    You had some really good stuff too.

Nothing in the recycle bin?

Ya run a search of you entire pc to see if it inadvertantly was moved somewhere you'd never guess to look?

If you right-click on your desktop (not on any file) does it give you the option to "undo delete" or "undo move"?

Did you try kicking it and cursing at the top of your lungs? (that usually works well for me)

Do you have Norton System Works/Utilities with the protected Recycle Bin?

Doncha love WinXp? ( I'm veeeery veeeery sorry §ereña... That just kinda slipped out... ::wincing in anticipation of a fat lip...:: )

If none of that works, you could always try some data-recovery software... EasyRecovery Pro is very good, and so is PQ Lost & Found *see notes.

Do you have more than one hard drive?
    If so, I would recommend storing your MIDI (and other non-system/non-application files) OFF of your C: Drive. That way if WIN decides to schedule a melt-down (oh, and it will §ereña, it will...), you're safe to reformat and reinstall without worrying about your important stuff.
    If you don't have more than 1 HDD, you can always partition it into 2 seperate partitions - then keep anything important on your second (not your C: ) partition.
    Either way, when you move anything from 1 drive to another, or 1 partition to another, it will COPY as a default action instead of move. This way, while you're moving stuff around, you will have a complete copy of it safe and sound until you're sure everything made the trip safe and sound.

If you need any more help (or *note: if you're in need of a few aforementioned applications for data recovery) definately PM or email me- - I have both!

Sorry again to hear this §ereña - been there before and it SUCKS!:(
  3. theARTiSAN

Oh, and P.S.

YOU F*****G PIECE OF S**T (§ereña's PC)!!!
    COUGH UP THE *** *^% ** ** @@#**# MIDIS OR ADVANCEDFLEA AND I WILL DO ::deep breath::
    HOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRIIIIIIIBBBBBBBLLLLLLLEEE THINGS
    TO YOOOOOOOOOOOUU!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else wants to volunteed to be on the "PC justice league", feel free to sign up here... Let's put the power back in the USERS HANDS!

AdvancedFlea... Didn't mean to just volunteer you like that - sorry bro.
  4. tavenger5

tavenger5 Mr Admin Guy Staff Member Admin

:laugh: :laugh:

::installes new processor, mobo, and ram... runs away::
  5. §ereña

Whew! A lot of questions there Aritsan.....
    I shoulda mentioned the midis were on a CD-RW and a handful of files on the HDD,

1. it wouldn't have gone to the bin....but i checked numerous times anyway

2. ran a search about 3 times on the whole PC and after installing a restore data proggy, which absolutely did not help....

3. I hate that computer

4. They were stored off the HDD

5. i hate that computer

6. i have only one HDD but partitioned into two (75%, 15%)
    and yes, 15% of 3Gb isn't exactly gods gift.....

7. did i mention how much i hate that computer

8. Yes, i know it will meltdown as it has 5 times over the past 3.5 yrs

9. those recovery proggys u have.....how big r they exactly?? considering i have dial-up :(

10. can they restore on CD, and floppies?

11. Win XP is looking better each day.........

12. how long do u think it will take me to spam little bill gates on how much win98SE sux and how i would like to destroy it bit by bit :evil::evil::evil:
  6. §ereña

thank u for ur time and money :-D
  7. theARTiSAN

Awwww....
    Yeah, I didn't know you were keeping them on a CDRW... I've had the exact same thing happen to me, and I tried everything to recover it - - never had any luck with recovery software on a RW CD... It pissed me off so bad the last time (I lost some irreplacable stuff) that I have not used a RW since.

Basically nothing I have suggested will help dear.
    Yes, Win98 (either edition) is the devil... I assumed you were running XP after your WinXP thread.

If you want to put a shopping list together, I know everyone will pitch in to help you try to get everything back you had. Sorry again §ereña.:(
  8. theARTiSAN

Let me know when you will be online again next, and I'll have my FTP server up and running for you - we'll coordinate a time ;)
  9. metalpunkmon

metalpunkmon New Member

awww. i know the feeling. computers suck when they don't do what you want them to do. :flamemad: hang in there! i'm sure you'll get your files back!!!!! :thumbsup:
  10. §ereña

awwww guys thats so sweet. Don't worry about the midis i'll just redownload them off the net again......it hopefully won't take that long....

:):):)