"Dear Loser" Message!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by KingXII, Mar 28, 2003.

1. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

This is the last and final message and response to the Dear Loser Message in the loser's PM.

I've been taking alot of heat because of this. I only click a button for the board to pick a winnier that's all. Tavenger has to change the board to get to it. That might mean downtime for the board.

I'm also considering ending the lottery and not adding a new one if this continues, or even resignation if it really gets out of hand. I get 2-5 PMs everytime I end the lottery from someone b*tching about that message.

I already know about the dear loser message. There is even a thread or two about it.
  2. ZelRiptha

ZelRiptha Thnow White but I drifted Staff Member Super Mod

Hey, I like it! :)

Must be some severely soft-skinned folks around.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes2
  3. jeaniesing

jeaniesing Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

It surely gets the message across.....
  4. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

of course it is. It's was a two week announcement too, but I had to reactivate it :(. I'm getting tired of repeating my self over and over, especially if I have no control of it.
  5. Si

Si Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

you've got our (the mods) backing King, bud. We've been helping you out with this too (as well as playfully picking at ya!) :)
  6. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

well you mods know about it already and many of you come here so much that you all don't really care for the message anymore but SI you were part of that group before. I still remember your thread about this issue. I'm just tired that I get the blame for it, especially that I can't do a darn thing about it.
  7. Si

hmm, don't remember starting a thread about it - wasn't that Stillcrazy? - and don't remember being particularly bothered by the message either.
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2003
  8. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

maybe it but proably not
    i'll search for it now lol
  9. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

10. Si

I liked his opening comment. It still makes me laugh. "You know you're in trouble..."
  11. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

yeah that's the only thing i remember so it's pretty much stuck in my mind but i couldn't remember who posted it lol
  12. Stilcrazy

Stilcrazy Just a Regular Midi Guy

King … yes I started the thread but it was not meant to be negative at all … it was meant to be humorous … I really do not have any issue with the 'Dear Loser' message

Upon rereading the complete thread I can see how some of the ribbing may have been misinterpreted … Please accept this as an apology … nothing I wrote was meant to do anything but make people laugh
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2003
  13. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

yeah i reread the thread but people just don't understand
    without the dear loser message in the losers PM less and less of MB tradition is getting lost. ;)
  14. theARTiSAN

theARTiSAN Administrator Staff Member Super Mod

You're never going to please everyone King.
    I'll bet for every person that decided to get bent out of shape and complain about it, 5 others got a kick out of it but didn't say anything.

Don't sweat it - your doing a great job, and it's just not worth the energy it takes to let it bother you.

If it keeps going we'll develop a "Dear Banned (former) MidiBuddy Member" bot/script that crawls through mail and PM inboxes looking for key words, autoreplies with something really sarcastic and bans them from the boards.

Moral of the story...
    If you're going to let something bother you, really let it bother you. Innovate some horrific counter-measure, spend way too much time quantifying it's ramifications and orchestrating it...
    Then ~ Crack a beer, smile and return to the Admin Control Panel.
    ------Anonymous Midi Board Administrator