digitech vocalist 2 help

Discussion in 'Sequencing Hardware' started by brc 103, Apr 1, 2004.

1. brc 103

brc 103 New Member

i have just got a digitech vocalist 2 for putting harmonies into my multitrack. Does anyone know a "normal" setting for harmonies.

i mean one setting for maybe 2 above or 2 above and one below for instance. i dont know much music theory so i guess what im asking is what is the scale for harmony (is it an octave above?), i want it to go with my voice regardless of what key im in - is that possible or is it different for every key?.

im hoping some of you guys know what i mean LOL

thanks

:withstupi
  2. JayPlayer

JayPlayer New Member

Basic harmony is usually a 3rd and a 5th above the root in the same octave. For a fatter sound find a program in the unit with 2 above and 1 below. If the song stays in 1 key all the harmonies will follow you. If not you will have to manually change chords or program it with a computer as I do to change everything flawlessly...Jay
  3. musikman1

musikman1 New Member

I'm with Jay. I program in the "Studio Vocalist" line on the MIDI sequence, and put in the notes I want rather than hope that a standard preset will carry me thru a song.

And that way, you NEVER have to touch the Vocalist, just set it to accept a MIDI control channel, and once you program it in your seq, it's there forever!