Do you care about what people think of you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sk8er, Feb 9, 2004.

?

Do you really care about what people think of you?

1. Yes, if they hated me i would die :(

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. yes, but not that much

8 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Not really, unless they really hate me :(

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  4. I dont' care if they say i look like a waffle iron that's just ironed it's last waffle :confused:

13 vote(s)
    46.4%
  1. Sk8er

Sk8er Vegitatum davenportae

I was just at school, and i noticed that nobody in my class really likes me...some just plain hate me and others don't really talk to me. Then i shrugged my shoulders and got back to looking at those naked faries in my english book (even though i was in music class ;) ) Granted, It doesn't help being a sk8er in a class full of n.e.ds :)

So do you care about what people think of you?
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2004
  2. jeaniesing

jeaniesing Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

Yes.... but what I think of myself matters way more.
    You have to be true to you and what you know is right.

And perception is a funny thing... I can tell you from my 13 year old point of view that I had, like, NO friends... there was this girl, Diana, who told me one day that I was her best friend, I was mortified because I thought her one of the most annoying people on earth.... And there were people that I loved having class with - but I really only saw them in that class. My best friend from the neighborhood had gone off to private school and we grew apart.... But without that time of friendlessness I never woulda gotten into music the way I did and starting practicing the hours I did. A few years later when I was playing for my school, 'professionally' for churches, other schools and community groups (I was a 'ringer'), and involved in a local college's performance groups because of their shortage of quality players on my instrument? THEN I had more friends than I could count. Frankly... even though I went to a large school I only had a handful of friends my own age... Now, with the net at my disposal... I can pick "friends" from a whole world of people...

Anyway... I may be a geek in my old age, but I'm an outgoing geek who can get along with just about anyone in the world. That's because I know, and accept, and like myself.... That's the moral of the story.
  3. Sk8er

:confused: So....which one did you vote for jeanie... :confused:
  4. jeaniesing

:laugh:... none of the above! The choices didn't quite apply!
  5. Black_Kat

Black_Kat Horny Hornist

We love you Sk8! :kiss: We appreciate your naked faerie staring 24/7! :) *snnnf* I WANT the naked faerie book :mad:
    To a certain degree, yes I do take notice of what people think of me. I truly don't CARE but I notice. You can pick up on the kind of person they are by their opinion on you.
    Wholly, I've never really had much trouble having friends. Most of them I refer to as fiends...these fiends are people who stick to me and follow me around and copy and criticize me and talk to me endlessly :laugh: I've had very few opportunities to meet people I can look up to and respect (and talk to endlessly :)) about hot dogs and milkshakes and jello and kilts and Lord Crow and vampiritic viruses and common lives...the vampiritic and the death and the unearthly common home life is dormant for now for reasons unknown to me.....<<<But thanks to these people I don't care what the fiends think...they've helped me a lot :)

And Jeanie has a point on the poll...the answers are almost exactly alike!
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2004
  6. bartman882

bartman882 New Member

i most of the time dont care but if some one really hated me and i dindt hate then i whould be mad but it whould be a big deal
  7. G-man

G-man Prodigal Philanthropist

Yeah, ditto! How could you not love Sk8! ? I don't care too much but what did you hear about me? :laugh2: I like to be liked for the most part and I try to be likeable too... it's good for personal growth to be agreeable and at least attempt to get along with our fellow humans... :thumbsup:
  8. Luiza*Cunha

Luiza*Cunha Charmed Trainee with Goa'uld inside! Staff Member Super Mod

I try to be nice to others because I love people (and animals, and plants :) ) but I really don't care about what people think of me. That is, I'm not doing anything to make people like me. :cool:
    I confess I used to try to please, often too hard, when I was young and didn't love and accept myself. ;)
    But now I'm old (and wise) enough to wear a purple hat proudly and be quite happy about it. :crazy:

BTW, Sk8er, I enjoy your being around... A LOT! :thumbsup:
    MB is a great place with great people! :D
  9. Sk8er

N.e.ds and skaters just don't mix, and...18 people in my class are neds :( And i'm the 1 and only sk8er
  10. jeaniesing

and the definition of neds? (Or is this another "you don't wanna know Jeanie..." kinda thing?
  11. Sk8er

N.e.d stands for non educated delinquints

They're the people who wear their hats pointsing straght up to the ceiling, drink "bucky" and tuck their tracky bottoms into their socks.

They also talk like retards

Go to http://www.glasgowsurvival.co.uk/index2.html to see pics of them being retards.

http://www.glasgowsurvival.co.uk/nedagotchi/glaNedabet.html
    http://www.glasgowsurvival.co.uk/nedagotchi/glaSurvivalGame.html
    http://www.glasgowsurvival.co.uk/nedagotchi/glaNedagotchi.html

oh, i love this site :)
  12. justforfun000

justforfun000 New Member

Unless you are something other than human, everyone cares what others think of them. It's our nature.

the trick is to not let it make you insecure.
  13. bLuE_gUrL

bLuE_gUrL New Member

i agree...

i mean, we will want our frens to like us rite? tho u can jolly say tt oh, they will like us for who we are... true... but then we will still care like wad they will think of us, like if we wear horribly out, will they think any less of me, feel ashamed of me etc...

so yahz... as long as u dun care so much tt u feel so insecure, n end up feeling so miserable... :)
  14. - Da Ville -

- Da Ville - HOME OF THE BEATS

i only care if it's a hot chick.

(i'm just too shallow) :smart:
  15. benji9921

benji9921 New Member

i could care less for what people thought of me..just like here, if u hate me, you hate me, whatever
  16. G-man

G-man Prodigal Philanthropist

Alrighty! I just learned a new term. I just do my own thing and most people I cross paths with seem to be rather fond of me. :)
  17. vbrio

vbrio Lavander Lassie Staff Member Moderator

i have found out from experience that i can never please everyone but as long as i remain true to myself and make sure that i hurt no one in doing my own thing i'm okay
  18. saxmidiman

saxmidiman Member

Worrying about what other people think of you is a waste of time in my books. Just be a good person, treat people fairly and with respect, hold your head up and realize that you can rise above anything.

Everything comes back to you at some point, and if you live a good life, it will come back to you in some way.

N.e.d.'s hey.. Learned something new.
  19. 24/7

24/7 Guest

define retards sk8ter....and be careful...my son could be called a retard by some.....and if I'm wrong I apologise

As for opinions...I have no interest in what most people think of me...if they have a problem then its their problem not mine....the only people who interest me are the people I love...and they know who they are. If they have a problem with me then I trust they will tell me and we can overcome it . I do not go out of my way to antagonise people but I speak the truth and if they can't handle it then once again its their problem and they have to deal with it. I've never been big on close friends, I could count all of them on one hand. The friends I've made on MB and MZ are good friends and I welcome their council from time to time, but when it all pans out the choices you make are yours and yours alone. If you live your life to please your friends then your life is not your own.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2004
  20. ZelRiptha

ZelRiptha Thnow White but I drifted Staff Member Super Mod

Nice 24, I agree completely. Sounds like we'd get along well... straight shooting kicks butt. ;)