Do you think the 5 post rule should be changed back

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jrnman214, Nov 15, 2003.

1. midimaster05

midimaster05 New Member

Re: Re: Re: paying is not the problem

yeah, definitely, everything would have 2 b closely watched, by moderators and admin.

keep thingz rolling, John!!!

thx!!!
  2. jrnman214

jrnman214 New Member

Or to preview it will cost 5mb and if you still want it, then you pay the full price by putting 20 more to it. That way you wont use up as much money and you will still pay for curiosity but it wont be so bad. Sound Good.!!
  3. biscuitje

biscuitje Do Lovin' criminal

Yeah change it back!!!!
  4. X-Factor

X-Factor vvv Look it's Billy Hunt!

Straight up, making preview files wouldnt even be feasible. With the amount of MIDI files on this site, the amount of time it would take to do even 1/5 of the files would outweigh the benefits. Quite frankly, it seems like you guys can't seem to comprehend that this is mostly to benefit everyone on this site. Someone posted a while ago, that before this new rule, we had about 2k active members, but about 50,000 total. That tells you something right there about the attitudes of most people. You guys have to remember that John is pretty much paying for this site. He has a few sponsors, but when he only has 2k active members, it's not going to be very beneficial for him. John is running this site because he wants to. He doesnt have to. Everyone of us could be searching for files that we would have to pay for. Instead, we have MIDIBuddy to get the files from. You guys act like you have to spend real money on this stuff. Get over it. It's virtual money. You can't buy anything meaningful with it.

Peace. I'm out.
  5. tavenger5

tavenger5 Mr Admin Guy Staff Member Admin

;) Thanks man. That's basically how it is.

As an alternative to a preview, do you think a file size would be helpfull?
  6. ZelRiptha

ZelRiptha Thnow White but I drifted Staff Member Super Mod

That could be somewhat informative, but size does not always indicate quality when it comes to MIDI data. That said, one might be able to tell a full-sized file from a ringtone or demo in some cases.
  7. X-Factor

X-Factor vvv Look it's Billy Hunt!

It could help determine size, but i dont think it would be any use for most people. Most of the users visiting are just looking for ringtones now.
  8. - Da Ville -

- Da Ville - HOME OF THE BEATS

how long has this site been up? i kind of always thought ringtones were what this site was made for. i didn't realize there was such demand for midis before phones started using 'em.

btw i have seen the light, and the new system is great. now if people would quit reposting their entire collections, things would be perfect.
  9. tavenger5

Right, the size of ringtones aren't as big as an entire midi.
  10. tavenger5

Humm.. the original database was up in 1999, I think. It was just a database though, no message board. The board was put up in 2001.. here's the first post: http://board.midibuddy.net/showthread.php?s=&postid=1

Yeh, I've been doing this for a while now :)
  11. LloydBankz

LloydBankz Guest

im a newbie too and dont have money why cant i get money i want money ringtones money i waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant moooooooooooooonnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyy
  12. lostdave

lostdave 'EVIL' Mod

User status appropriately Changed :D
  13. vbrio

vbrio Lavander Lassie Staff Member Moderator

in my opinion i think the new rule is much better since it ensures participation of the members.

great work tav 5, i love this site