Do you use a file sharing program to download music?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by tavenger5, Oct 26, 2003.

?

Do you use a file sharing program to download music?

1. Yes, all the time. I don't buy CD's anymore, I make my own.

131 vote(s)
    29.3%
  2. Yes, I download music, then if I like it I buy the CD

157 vote(s)
    35.1%
  3. Yes, only moderately. I buy CD's regardless

98 vote(s)
    21.9%
  4. No, that's illegal, people got sued for doing that.

41 vote(s)
    9.2%
  5. No, I have no idea how that stuff works.

20 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. xkur0xnek0x

xkur0xnek0x New Member

^_^ i only dl now and then but only if it is a song i really want
  2. blumnmz03

blumnmz03 New Member

i d/l stuff as a preview b4 buying them. if i dont like it, i delete it. if i like it, i buy the cd and delete it afterwards.
  3. oneangryman

oneangryman New Member

well i like stealing mp3s. its wrong but as polls show you cant stop the masses. but i do encourage ignorant people like yourself to buy the cds otherwise the artist would be broke. I am not making fun of you by any means, i am just takeing advantage of your moral behavor
  4. Betty_Boop

Betty_Boop New Member

As a musician, this is what I do. I'm way too busy to be out buying cd's and don't get much time to listen to them regularly. If I'm in the process of learning a new song it's easier for me to connect to the internet, download it, listen to it, learn it and delete it because after that I'm done with it.

Mind you, if I really like the artist I will purchase their CD because if it were me, I wouldn't want to lose the sales. Think about this. If an artist produced an album and went through the production, distribution etc. and only one person bought one CD, put it on the internet and shared it with the world, what do you think would happen? JETSGO! Exactly, bankruptcy. Bang! Wouldn't stand a chance. That wouldn't be very nice to see something like this happen to all of our artists, then we wouldn't have music.

I know I blew it a little out of proportion, but it's fact. People say that why do they need the extra money blah, blah, blah, but it takes hundred of thousands to complete a cd with all the videos that go with it to be on television. Video production costs are unbelieveable. There's more than just the fact of putting out a song. There are so many people involved in making the artists what they are and have to be paid as well, from Production Engineers, Designers, photographers, etc. Look at a movie at the end of the screenplay, once the movie has ended, that we never wait to look at the list of people involved that have to be paid for their creativity. That's only one reason why we should buy the artists CD. Food for thought. Can you imagine the people that Shania Twain would have to pay?
  5. Black Kite

Black Kite New Member

^^; im not saying that i dont
  6. jinkazama

jinkazama New Member

i use emule+ a few
  7. alansri

alansri New Member

I use bittorrent for albums and ares for singles.
  8. Bethi

Bethi New Member

I used to use winmx but it got shut down? i think. So now I use limewire. But I mainly use it for downloading rare versions or songs, ie acoustics etc. If I like an artist I'll download a few songs to see what the rest of the album is like and then go and buy the CD.
  9. djstaples

djstaples New Member

I download a couple of tracks sometimes but not too many for fear of getin' sued!!!! I mostly buy my music when i can afford to buy it!!!!! Music i download is stuff that would be released mainly on vinyl ect. dance music!!! Don't have a vinyl player & vinyl's are really expensive!!!! I've used programs like Win X which is now shut down & Limewire which i find really good for finding music i like that i find hard to get in music stores in my country!!!!
  10. Ronny

Ronny Midi Mad Super Mod! Staff Member Super Mod

I actually own 14 Dixie Chicks cd's (some may think I'm sad) Anyway, the point I would like to make is that to rip them onto my PC would take me probably 12 hours and no end of hassle putting cd's into the drive, all that hassle. Well I downloaded all 14 albums in 4 and a half hours, saved me no end of hassle.

Also I do download music, probably far too much but as with most, I like having the original cd.

I use http://www.torrentz.com searches most torrent sites out there. It's great!
  11. rknrne

rknrne Active Member

Dont they charge a fee to the recording industry
    through taxes on cdr's and blank dvd's?
  12. rknrne

rknrne Active Member

:eek:

I feel for you Ronny .. I cant get Lilly Allen's 'Smile' outta my head. :eek: :)
  13. Ronny

Ronny Midi Mad Super Mod! Staff Member Super Mod

You gotta love the Dixie Chicks, even just for the name!
  14. dirty v

dirty v New Member

what is buying a c.d. lol
  15. uvwx772

uvwx772 Guest

awakening of a deep

conversion, which has created itself as God and man intermediary; third paragraph of the confusion is the way of life and the awakening of a deep understanding of loneliness is absolute. These three paragraphs are from the natural to the people of God to the end due to human existence. This is a passionate poem: "Lord, it is time" and "Who has no house, you do not build / Whoever is alone, never lonely," but also very restrained, as the rapids are rock pressure in the ground, have erupted only. This passion comes from the couFive Fingers kso Five Fingers men kso