Don't understand

Discussion in 'Getting Started/New Member Help' started by hollyberry, Nov 23, 2002.

1. hollyberry

hollyberry New Member

I don't completely understand all this - the fact that you have to participate in 5 topics before you can download MIDI files. Could someone explain how it all works?
  2. clwngurl

clwngurl New Member

I am there with you..new here and only wanting to get ONE file and got the same message!:confused2
  3. xj911

xj911 We Todd ED Staff Member Moderator

just make 5 posts, and you will get to download the midi's.

Please try and make them helpful to our community here, and check out all the boards, you might like this site and decide to stay and chat. :)

:damn:
  4. clwngurl

clwngurl New Member

*smiles* hopefully i will find the site useful and stay here... i use a ton of midifiles and hope to find it useful..maybe meet new folks..who knows..thanks for the kind post *smiles*:assskake:
  5. nvmyz71

nvmyz71 New Member

The five posts thing is bad... I mean I would love to contribute something meaningful, but this just creats a lot of clutter. oh well.
  6. clwngurl

clwngurl New Member

*nodding in agreement* This is true..But does everyone have to post five posts per midi wanted?? i am so freaking confused here *L*
  7. mhuang

mhuang New Member

the 5 post rule is kinda annoying... :(
    *getting my 4th post now* :thumbsup:
  8. Kaleidescope

Kaleidescope New Member

I have no problem with it.....I can understand not wanting to be bothered with leaches. And I am also a newbie!
  9. beerbelly

beerbelly New Member

the 5 posts are implemented for newbies to be able to check out the whole board and stuff. i dont think the SMs and Mods and all those peeps up there want this site to be just a passing thru thing. that people just browse through and forget about. thats why its called the MIDIBUDDY Community. a community where we share our own musical ideas and insights.
  10. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

beerbelly :: cheers ::
    great speech
  11. Stilcrazy

Stilcrazy Just a Regular Midi Guy

You only have to post five times to download ... not five times per download
  12. baby cakes 2320

baby cakes 2320 New Member

yea...umm..i'm still confused about this whole 5 posts thing..but i'll figure it out..and when i do.you guys better watch out lol j/j
  13. Ralph'e'

Ralph'e' www.ralphe.tk

go hard baby cakes ;)
  14. loopystamp

loopystamp New Member

Is there a faq's place or is that the whole point of posting? I'm not very computer literate, actually I'm not very 'literate' :) I like the community idea, nice...
  15. madtownca

madtownca New Member

New to the area

I'm new to the scene and notice all the cool graphics. How do you add them to your name?

Thanx
  16. tarzan007

tarzan007 New Member

the problem with the rule here is that u prolly get a whole lot of short bullpucky comments just to make five

(...a lot like this one? :p)
  17. yam_20_88

yam_20_88 New Member

all those comments come just because some would only want the midis but not being part of the community.. but i mean what's wrong with staying here.. u know i would really love to see all those newbies advance to become members like me... i'd say they would enjoy... ;;)
  18. RitchieSA

RitchieSA New Member

I agree...!
  19. BlackHawk

BlackHawk New Member

There's some geezer around named 'bigdeal' who spammed five posts with one smiley each just to be able to download stuff. I think he should be banned or given a warning or something. We can't have unhelpful people here making less experienced people feel even more confused than they already are...
  20. luniblond

luniblond New Member

the 5 post thingy.......

Yea, I'm a little lost on this subject too.......I don't know what I can contribute here *sigh* I just wanted a few midis for my site......:rolleyes:

Attached Files: