Dreams

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sasha1a, Oct 17, 2002.

1. Suzanne

Suzanne New Member

Well your brain detects the problem and while the left hemisphere sends out signals to the rest of your body to wake up, the right, creative side incorporates that nervous feeling of suffocation, however brief it may be, into your dream
  2. advancedflea

advancedflea Nude bodyprint maker

yes, the right side is a pain in the ass
  3. Suzanne

Suzanne New Member

Yeah but lucky it's there otherwise we'd have no imaginations and worst of all we probably wouldn't be able to come up with any brilliant lies...er er I mean stories... :D
  4. advancedflea

5. jeaniesing

jeaniesing Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

Here's one to ponder...... all my life I have dreamed other people's dreams..... Lemme explain. The latest occurances (other than my hubby) were when I was marching with a group that would do full weekends - often sleeping in a High School gym or whatnot. If I woke up in the morning having a truly wacko dream I'd simply address the group that had been sleeping near me and ask "Okay, who was dreaming about <insert the wacko dream theme here>?" I ALWAYS got a stunned look and someone 'fessing up that it was their dream! My dream didn't necessarily match theirs play-by-play, but the main ideas were the same - one example, flying monkeys terrorizing their house = flying monkeys terrorizing me at a place I had been that day.

Proximity seemed to be the key - and often the person would be able to explain to me WHY that had been in their dreams e.g. they'd seen "The Wizard of Oz" that week..... but it doesn't explain why it was in mine......

How about some theories on that one?!?
  6. muck

muck New Member

my dreams just involve being chased by rabbits. Any interpretations?
  7. dstruct2k

dstruct2k New Member

Jeaniesing:
    A good theory (as far as I can tell) would be that you are very receptive to the brainwave patterns of others. I would guess that you also are very good at being able to tell what someone is about to say (even if you barely know them) or that you can easily tell what someone else is doing/what's going on around them (just so long as you had been nearby that person in the past little while)
    I don't know what this is called, but I know that it happens because your subconcious mind can pick up the signals emitted by other people's subconciousses much easier than most people's minds can pick up the same signals. I have the same.... umm.... condition? ability? I don't know what to call it, but it is very easy for me to tell what is on another person's mind or if they are tense/scared/happy/etc. It can be freaky at times, but most times it is more helpful than anything. You can be more responsive to the emotions of the people you are with, and because of that, they would rather be with you than most other people. Can be a problem if your best friend's girlfriend notices this though.... ;):thumbsup:
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2002
  8. voice of god

voice of god Prodigal Pyjamas Pervert Staff Member Super Mod

we are all of one consciousness, sounds cliche, but ultimately is true.

a large percentage of the thoughts you have aren't your own, they are thoughts you've picked up from someone else.

your dream thing makes perfect sense, the closer u r 2 someone the easier it is 2 pick up their thoughts

it also has to do with the speed of your brain. when u sleep the brain slows down to what is called theta state, this can be achieved through meditation too. In theta your true power lies, like ESP, extreme levels of concentration and what some call superhuman powers.

Theta is a trance-like state, it is very powerful
  9. dstruct2k

dstruct2k New Member

VOG:
    I have always believed that, I just never knew how right it was until now, after I started to hear what other people have been saying. I know that it is much easier for the subconcious mind to use the theta band than it is for the concious, and that would explain why it is easier for someone to know that their grandmother has died on the other side of the continent then it is for them to know that their brother in the back yard just fell and broke his leg. When you die, your subconcious takes over your entire mind for a large amount of time--much more than when you are asleep or otherwise letting your subconcious have control. This is one of the reasons that family members and close friends "feel" the death of someone; because of the sudden burst of energy in the theta-band, on a specific frequency that they have gotten familiar with. Quite complicated, but I tried to make it simple enough to understand.
  10. voice of god

voice of god Prodigal Pyjamas Pervert Staff Member Super Mod

yes, I understand. That makes sense. hmmm.....seems the subconscious mind is all powerful.
  11. Ronny

Ronny Midi Mad Super Mod! Staff Member Super Mod

That is so true, how many times have you and your partner started singing the same song or you say let go out for a meal and they say i was just about to say that!!

Think it's definatley due to the closeness. It has happened more often with partners who I have been closer to!!:thumbsup:
  12. Suzanne

Suzanne New Member

Yeah amazing how we pick up on each other's thoughts. Ronny it's true what you say about being close to someone and picking up their thoughts or as the Beach Boys put it picking up their 'vibrations'. Very often my mum and I say exactly the same words at the same time in the same tone of voice. Would be wonderful if their was some way of 'practicing' how to pick up on peoples thoughts/emotions/vibrations...
  13. nathan

nathan New Member

a dream is just a fantasy, you can change the dream to your own idea, so, if you need a gun, think that you hold one and you will have one, you will win the next time
  14. advancedflea

Nathan Is right. when we dream, if we ("we" being the person or persons in the dream) think that something is about to happen, that is because it is about to happen. Like for example. I had one a few weeks ago about this guy down the road who is on my paper route, who i have particular trouble with. he was in the dream and sat on the bus next to me. I thought "tenna (thats slang for £10) sez someons gonna get up and stab him" and they did.

As for the theory on dreamshareing. Some peoples theroy has it (and I believe this theroy) that when we dream, we disturb the air around us (much like sound or an electronic pulse does). how much we disturb ther air depends on how vivid the dream is. ofcourse, this means that tyhere are other people to pick up on the disturbances.

The general beliefe is that it is a sound wave that we some how out-put. an ultra-sonic one. This is beieved becuase when we sleep, our hearing is the one sense we cannot "switch off" which is why smoke detectors are very effective as they have a very penetreative bleep. any way, obviousley our ears pick up on this sound wave and our brains enterprate the signal and that stimulates a dream.

I have reason to supprot this theroy. when I am having a vidiv bad dream, our dog goes absolutey ape-shit. and because our dogs favorite place to sleep is my room, he tends to jump onto my chair, then desk (which is attached to the bed) then me to wake me up.

Liek I say this is only a theroy, there is nothing concreate to prove it but there is nothing to dis-prove it either. Run with it if you like, I do.

(see, I come out with intelligent things some times:thumbsup: )
  15. dstruct2k

dstruct2k New Member

I hate to break this serious train of thought, but, Flea, your dog jumps on you and you don't get squished? How does that work? :: thinks :: It must be the exoskeleton... :thumbsup:

Back to dreams--
    I think that if you have a strong enough dream, you can put the people around you to sleep, just by giving the unconcious mind a large boost in energy. I have noticed that when one person in a room full of people is tired, most of the other people start yawning also. I think this is for the same reason--your subconcious (just so you guys know, I think of subconcious thought and the uncouncious mind as the same thing) is giving the unconcious minds around you the boost in activity that is usually associated with being tired--that's why people say that a yawn is contagious. Think about it.... Have you ever been sitting in a room with a large group of people and one of them yawns? What happens? Most people yawn, right? :D I already explained why, but you should know that it is **VERY HARD** to force your own subconcious mind to produce enough theta energy to effect the people around you. You would most likely either fall asleep from all the theta-waves you are producing, or (not a good thing to have happen!) you might pass out completely, and you would be much harder to wake up! When you pass out, your unconcious has become more dominant thatn your concious, and then your conciousness begins to fade out and you go unconsious. I'm sure you can all understand why you pass out when you get drunk! The alcohol only affects your concious mind, so your unconsious takes over to prevent complete synaptic (brain activity) failure.

So, for those of you that enjoy getting piss-drunk and passing out in the bedroom of the chick you met 20 minutes ago, you might not want to do that too often! Besides, synaptic failure isn't the only danger in that situation! :thumbsup:;)
  16. advancedflea

aside the fact I'm not actually a FLEA I'm actually a 6ft tall guy, I dunno how I dont get squished as our dog is a saint bernard (A "behtoven-type" dog for those who have seen the movies)
  17. dstruct2k

dstruct2k New Member

Woah! Even without being a flea, that would sure hurt! No wonder it's such a big deal your dog jumps on you!

PS -- I don't want to take this thread off topic! There's so many awesome ideas and many cool things I would have never thought of!
  18. advancedflea

lol, yeah, baxter hurts when he lands on you! lol

Yeah, ur right, some of the stuff in here is so good, I'll have to put my 2 cents in more often
  19. dstruct2k

dstruct2k New Member

I'm going to ressurect this thread--

Anyone want to try to interpret dreams? I got one for you--

You're visiting the Grand Canyon...
    You get a little closer to the edge to take a look at the gigantic break in the earth...
    All of a sudden, you realise you are falling.
    You fell in.
    As you hit the bottom, you hear a thousand seperate "snap!" sounds and realise that not only can you hear the broken bones, but you feel the pain associated with them.
    You wake up, realising it was only a dream...
    But your arms won't move.
    And your legs.
    You start to wonder if it really was a dream after all.
    Once again, you wake up.
    You can actually move this time.
    You get out of bed, and go get a drink.

Now, this has happened to a few people I know. I wanted to know if anyone else has had this kind of experience.
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2002
  20. dstruct2k

dstruct2k New Member

C'mon! Don't let this thread die! I don't care if this is a traashpoost, I'm trying to get some input in here!