Drum Files

Discussion in 'Percussion' started by Noodle, Sep 12, 2003.

1. Noodle

Noodle New Member

Hi guys and girls,
    I'm fairly new to all this.

I want to be able to do 1 basic thing at the moment, but I have no idea how to go about it.

I just want drum backing tracks. Percussion only no other instruments.
    To do this do I get a full midi file an use a program to remove other instruments, or can someone point me in the direction of percission only files?

Your Help is very much appreciated!!
  2. Flesh

Flesh New Member

What are you doing this for?

Well I am a percussionist by trade but I don't have a kit anymore. I do a lot of home recording so I do use drum tracks. I do a few things.
    I use Cakewalk and it has a midi effect called session drummer which basically is a virtual drummer. I will use this when I am writing guitar riff's ect.
    I will also use fruity loops to make up more hip-hop style drum tracks. Usually I just make up some patterns and run them into my sampler then record them into cakewalk.
    Other times I just record with my Korg N364 into Cakewalk doing the drums. This is pretty tedious though because I will have to do bass and snare, go back add hi hat and cymbals, go back and add toms and fills ect. This way though lets me use my percussion knowledge more rather than just the computer side

Hope this helps or points ya in the right direction