Drum tracks

Discussion in 'Getting Started/New Member Help' started by Dogman, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Dogman

Dogman New Member

I have been messing around with midi for a while now, and have finally joined this forum in hopes of getting some questions answered. I am trying to find a way to isolate percussion tracks from a source and then convert that to a midi file that can be played thru a drum machine, in this case an Alesis SR-16. I have little time to actually program the drum tracks to songs that I like to play (I play bass) and don't want to find a drummer. Any thoughts??
  2. voice of god

voice of god Prodigal Pyjamas Pervert Staff Member Super Mod

Hi Dogman , what 'source' are you trying to isolate the drum tracks from?

You can get a midi file with the percussion track you want in it. Then delete all the other files(guitar bass etc) so only the percussion remains.

Is that what you want? If so just any basic midi editing software will do. I use an earlier version of logic audio for midi editing but there should be heaps of programs out there and they will all do it.
  3. Dogman

Dogman New Member

Hey VoG, thanks for the reply. The source would be an mp3 track or CD. I have been unable as of yet to find any MIDI tracks for the songs I want. Specifically, I am looking for Kings X tracks.

Dogman
  4. voice of god

voice of god Prodigal Pyjamas Pervert Staff Member Super Mod

oh, ok. unfortunately it is impossible to convert an mp3 to a midi and really really impossible to seperate a drumtrack from an mp3 then convert it. :)

guitarpro files convert to midi, but it looks like there is only one king's x track with drums in it. - cigarettes. here - http://www.mysongbook.com/tab-tab_list-id_artist=329.htm

the only other way is to program your own. it's not that hard. there is a learning curve but nothing impossible.
  5. KaiyureBoy

KaiyureBoy New Member

Pls help me.

I have read your article and have one question to ask, would you pls Post your MSN to me?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I want to sell my car beacause of serious diabetes, if you want to buy my beauty Lincoln car , pls contact me by kaiyure2000@gmail.com.