Dual Port Midi ?

Discussion in 'Original Music' started by skunkyjoe, Sep 26, 2003.

1. skunkyjoe

skunkyjoe Member

Heres an Original DUAL port MIDI . Dual Port means that 2 x MIDI PORTS ( Or Outputs ) are required to properly hear the instrumentation . They are effectively 32 channels , as opposed to the usual 16 channel set-ups in most MIDIS . The problem lay in the that if you listen on only a 16 track set-up , you will get odd instrumentaion and stuck notes that are not intended . SO , set up the file correctly ! You will need a MIDI sequencer programme to properly hear the file , such as Sonar , Cakewalk or Cubase - Media Players like Real Player or Windows Media player will not work . To set up the file properly in Sonar or Cakewalk do this :

- Open file
    - Highlight Tracks 20-37 in the Track View
    - Click onTrack
    - Click on Property
    - Click on Ouputs
    - Track Outputs Boc opens : Choose B Synth from the pull down window and click ok

Thats it , you will also require a souncard with 2 MIDI outputs ..... most common better souncards do . It seems like a lot to set-up the file , but its not that hard to do .:cool

Attached Files:

2. aim

aim New Member

i don understand..

it is really quite difficult to understand.. is the any easy way to convert from mp3 to midi??
  3. skunkyjoe

skunkyjoe Member

Re: i don understand..

Of course , but I cannot post an Mp3 here . Its too big of a file for that . Do you have a sequencer ?
  4. skunkyjoe

skunkyjoe Member

Hey WAKE UP ~!

I cant believe this MIDI was lost in the shuffle . Its one of my favs . Give it a chance ... set it up correctly . I bet youve never heard anything like it . :)