effects or not?

Discussion in 'Guitar' started by brc 103, Sep 14, 2004.

?

Do we like and use multi fx

1. Nope, no fx - only clean and overdrive

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Yeah, all the sounds i can get

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. brc 103

brc 103 New Member

i personally use a distortion pedal through a marshall combo (boss overdrive sounds better than a marshall tranny overdrive).

but not counting an overdrive pedal or the dirt channel on an amp how many of you actually use an effects board playing out, and whats the best?
  2. G-man

G-man Prodigal Philanthropist

A little of both... effects in moderation are good live otherwise I prefer to record clean then sully it up in the mixing.

Don't you consider distortion an effect, however?
    *he's definitely a rocker me thinks* :laugh:
  3. lachrymotion

lachrymotion New Member

of corse

delay
    wah
    distortion

:)
  4. MarkB

MarkB New Member

I have a Zoom 707 !! So i have plenty of effects at my finger tips!
    But i have a Boss OD Pedal aswell, and i use da Boss a lot more than the Zoom, unless im playin live! Den i Jazz everytin up wit da zoom! :p
  5. The Big Q

The Big Q New Member

I use a Roland GT-5 for solo shows (the acoustic simulator gets a good workout) plugged staight into the PA, so I use the amp and speaker simulators, wah, distortion, delays, etc. However, spent the first day in years just playing straight into my ancient Fender Twin - I'd forgotten how good it sounds.
  6. ayfer75

ayfer75 New Member

I find that effects have to be used very sparingly live or they sound like ****. The cleaner you can keep your sound the better the overall mix is......one example is AC/DC they get a massive sound live, but if you listen to just Malcoms rhythm guitar it is only slightly overdriven
  7. wtuo

wtuo New Member

Completely contradictory to everyone on this thread, but i love effects. I hate muddying up my tone where it needs to be clear, but apart from that I just love messing round with different sounds. I don't mess around live, I clear it up for that, but at home and in the rehersal room it's perfect for messing around wiv any pedals i have!