electronic drums software

Discussion in 'Percussion' started by s352768, May 1, 2003.

1. s352768

s352768 New Member

Anyone use an electronic drum kit? If so, do you know if there is software available that may be used for teaching. Like for example being able to play along with an audio file of some other instruments and have the program tell you what your accuracy etc was?

Also, what (software, hardware, connections) setup do you have for your drums to PC interface?
  2. BlackHawk

BlackHawk New Member

I believe Yamaha has a drum teaching program based around what you ask, so I'd have a browse through their site and search it out. I know it's there, because I saw it about a month ago.

It's built around their DTX kit series, but since it uses General MIDI, then it shouldn't be too hard at all to adapt to other electronic kits (for example, Roland V-Drums, which I have a set of).

For my drums-to-PC interface, I run a MIDI cable from the MIDI Out of my V-Drums into my Sound Blaster Live Platinum sound card (which has a front panel with MIDI sockets on it - the front panel fits in a drive bay on the front of my PC).

So, it's pretty straightforward for me. But if you don't have an SB Live Platinum sound card, then I suggest you go hunting for a USB MIDI interface. One I heartily recommend is the Midiman Midisport 1x1 USB interface. It's relatively cheap, and because it's USB, it sets up with the minimum of fuss.

Hope this helps.
  3. RBplayer04

RBplayer04 New Member

i just want a beat composer program for drum and bass
  4. Flesh

Flesh New Member

I would agree about the Midiman. I don't have an electric kit *yet* hehe but I use a Midiman 2X2 in my studio and it is a GREAT interface. Very easy to use and cheap

:)
  5. hui4o

hui4o New Member

Try Lm mark2. It's a drrum machine from Stainberg .Wizzoo got some great sounds for it. I use it a lot.