Evanescence :MERGED

Discussion in 'Artists/Band Discussion' started by KevC, Mar 8, 2003.

1. lachrymotion

lachrymotion New Member

they need to release some of their stuff on vinyl
  2. amyisnumber1

amyisnumber1 New Member

The newest thing you can get is - uhhh Anywhere But Home - A must have DVD for ALL Evanescence fans! But the only things not off Fallen are a corn cover, the song 'Farther Away" and "Missing" but most - likely, since we're all online, we've heard those.. but oh well it's still WICKED...

***BTW- The album was supposed to be due before new years, but now that Amy is working on music for the chronicles of narnia, the lion the witch and the wardrobe movie, she posponed it***

something along those lines or something =)
  3. kim_eh

kim_eh Gratified

OMG! Are you serious! That's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  4. amyisnumber1

amyisnumber1 New Member

yeah.... you didn't know that? I'm sure about the narnia thing, but about the album, I'm not 100% sure ^^;
  5. kim_eh

kim_eh Gratified

I knew about the album, but not about the narnia... :D :D
    I'm happy for her if it's true though. She's been wanting to write score for awhile.
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2004
  6. amyisnumber1

amyisnumber1 New Member

My apologies... but it's about time we hear something new... I'm just wondering if it's instrumental or like.. the entire band... with vocals :) it'll be cool no matter wahat
  7. kim_eh

kim_eh Gratified

What are you apoligizing for?

Sorry if I came by the wrong way... I admire your knowledge of Evanescence! :D

But you are right. We need something new, whether its instrumental or vocal.
  8. amyisnumber1

amyisnumber1 New Member

Well, apparently, it was a jiff....

Amy Lee from American goth pop band Evanescence has been composing music for the New Zealand-made film The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

And she claims she was offered a cameo in the Andrew Adamson-directed film shooting in the South Island. Only, after elaborating on her connections to the production on MTV.com, the film’s producers said that was news to them and no Evanescence music was planned for the soundtrack of the film, which has British composer Harry Gregson-Williams doing its score.

Still, Lee says the book was her favourite as child and the dark side of the adventure is dear to her heart and inspires much of her band’s music. As for that role, Lee said: "They were like, ‘Do you want to do a cameo?’ And I was like, ‘Hell yeah! I want to be somebody who gets murdered’."

It appears that cameo was yet more wishful thinking on Lee’s part.

I guess I was wrong.. Now I have the right to apologize :)
  9. kim_eh

kim_eh Gratified

:D It's all good. Your awesome anyway. Where did you find this stuff.
  10. amyisnumber1

amyisnumber1 New Member

Oh, thank you. I really appreciate it. Anyhow I get my information from various sites, such as "onlyevanescence" and well unfortunately enough "Dying-Again" which I previously dated the webmistress of (She dumped me so SCREW the fact that I wasn't supposed to say anything) and well, I'm in a group.. yay
  11. hapl_o

hapl_o New Member

its a really good band but i dont know if u can call them the best group ever... because there is .. greenday.. weezer... and other legend of rock!
  12. Vida Eterna

Vida Eterna New Member

I'm quite a big evanescence fan. I wouldn't say amy lee sounds like a "cat being ironed" at all.

Shes a fantastic vocalist with an incredible unique voice that could (and will) take her very far. Even further than Evanescence the band might go.

I dont know how to describe her voice, its like just so pure. If you've heard the concert dvd, listen to Bring Me To Life. The way she sings at the songs intro. Its likeat some points she even sounds like a violin. It's really obscure but hauntingly beautiful.
  13. mystic_atia

mystic_atia New Member

I love the mix of piano with the rock.

I have seen concerts of them, and i have noticed that Amy Lee seems to get very nervous in front of larger crowds and tends to go off key a lot (plus i guess the jumping around doesn't hel a lot!). I guess the good thing about that is she doesn't lip-sync!

When she's in a more intimate setting, she's more relaxed and really good...i guess being sorta new to stardom would wreck the nerves a little!

Music is great, lyrics deep, and i think they've had a great start!! I hope they go far, coz they are an awsome band!!

anyway, thats my say
  14. chisoutesa

chisoutesa New Member

i really like evanescence coz their songs are kinda dark yet their meaning is serene... what i like the most is that they use piano eventhough they are a rock band... it's really fantastic listening to loud music with soft meanings...
  15. mystic_atia

mystic_atia New Member

Oh I agree!! Piano is usually seen as just a boring classical instrument, or pop music (ie. Delta Goodrem, Missy Higgins...which are both cool!), but its becoming a new element in rock...possibly even the next heavy guitar!! Maybe one day will become just as popular