Evanescence's songs :MERGED:

Discussion in 'Artists/Band Discussion' started by Jenny002, Jan 8, 2004.

?

which song of Evanescence u prefer?

1. Bring me to life

11 vote(s)
    13.1%
  2. Going under

7 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. My Immortal

34 vote(s)
    40.5%
  4. Haunted

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  5. Tourniquet

7 vote(s)
    8.3%
  6. Even in Death

13 vote(s)
    15.5%
  7. Restless

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Anywhere

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  9. Everybody's Fool

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  10. Before the Dawn

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  11. My Last Breath

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  12. Forgive me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Others....

4 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. mystic_atia

mystic_atia New Member

Hmm...thats a tough question coz most, if not all their songs are good..I'd definately have to say My Immortal (band or album versions), Hello, Anywhere...oh yeah, and Breathe No More!!
  2. vbrio

vbrio Lavander Lassie Staff Member Moderator

they do have good songs....i also find the videos quite intriguing
  3. Black Kite

Black Kite New Member

Bring me to life, definitely

That's the song that floored me, and so far they haven't done anything that got me like that one.
  4. shawk

shawk New Member

my immortal.. great song.
    first heard it on the movie daredevil.. garner is hot!
  5. david2436

david2436 New Member

Does anyone like 'Taking over me'? cos I love it but nobody's mentioned it yet...
  6. phoenixorion

phoenixorion New Member

My actual favorite is Thoughtless, even though it is a Korn cover. I like most of Evanescence's stuff, though.
  7. perfektstranjer

perfektstranjer New Member

my immortal... but bring me to life, going under, my last breath and hello rock also.
  8. MaeDeloso

MaeDeloso New Member

I like "My Immortal" and "Bring Me To Life" songs of Evanescence...... :cool:
    Last edited: May 21, 2005
  9. gel

gel New Member

My immortal = their best song...
  10. Z-Man

Z-Man New Member

Let me give a rundown on Evanescene song analysis...

Bring Me to Life: The first Evanescence song I ever heard. I first heard the remake through its music video, but I prefer the original version to it slightly. The remake has become a little over-hyped, and probably the most well-known Evanescence song to date. 8/10

Going Under: This is an interesting song... it has nothing about it that stands out, but it's still a very good song, somehow. 7/10

My Immortal: This is another one of the first few (I think 3rd) song of theirs I've heard. I really like the way Amy sings it with a solemn sadness. She sounds like she really feels the song, as she does often. I also like the improved guitar ending in the Band Version. 9/10

Haunted: This is one of the ones I ran across more recently and haven't heard as much... It's a pretty creepy-sounding song, which is still cool. 6/10

Tourniquet: I just love the music to this one... especially how the guitar starts. The song kinda loses me in the lyrics, though >_> 7/10

Even in Death: This is another one that's just decent... nothing spetacular. 6/10

Everybody's Fool:
    This is probably the 2nd song of theirs I ever heard, and by far my favorite. I love the music and the lyrics are great as well. 10/10

My Last Breath: Another pretty good song with a sweet sound and good lyrics. 7/10

and just for the heck of it... let's add some others not on the poll:

Taking Over Me: It's a crime that this song was missed... I love the lyrics to this song, and the music's not bad either. 9/10

I Must Be Dreaming: Sure, it's not worthy of title as best... but it's not a bad one either... 7/10
  11. AngeLee

AngeLee New Member

which song?

It's definitely My Immortal it's been years but it's still the best Evanescence song for me.. next to it is Bring me to life
  12. bloody_vmpr

bloody_vmpr New Member

Tourniquet

I think i have found the meaning of this song (tourniquet)... It is about a girl (or boy) who is cutting. S/he feels that the pain of life can be cured by cutting, until s/he realizes that the pain that it caused (cutting) was far more than she expected. The line "I lay dying and I'm pouring, crimson regrets and betrayal," refers to the blood escaping her cut (...I'm pouring, crimson regrets) and when the blood doesn't stop flowing (... and betrayal) she begins to fear for her life. A tourniquet is a device used to stop blood flow, and in her case, she needs it. I am not sure, but i believe that Amy Lee's songs may have some christian backdrops, considering her line of: "My god, my tourniquet, return to me salvation... ...my wounds cry for the grave, my soul cries for deliverance, will I be denied? Christ, tourniquet my suicide."

the words in red are referring to christianity...
    the ones in blue are referring to the cutting/suicide...