fav soft

Discussion in 'Sequencing Software' started by ryanmil1, Nov 4, 2003.

1. ryanmil1

ryanmil1 New Member

I love sequencing...what is your fav software
  2. joeybeeside

joeybeeside New Member

reason 2.5...hard to beat
  3. xcroco

xcroco New Member

yepp, think so too :)
  4. merin101

merin101 New Member

5. bnjiman80

bnjiman80 Tangled Up In Blue

PT #1 so much harder

I think Powertrax is so intuitive to use. Its stable, quick and has some neat features like a drum grid editor, and the cut using "data filter". This mean you can "cut" the events on a track/song, erase all the sysex crap than might not work with your set-up, and paste the compatable (i.e. standard mid) events back. I'm not able to use WAV files to any use, having a slow PC and a seperate sequecer module, so I concentrate on midi's for backing...maybe Cubase is the thing for this kinda stuff. But Powertrax works really well for basic editing, especially sorting out intros and filling in bits where drums are missing. For live play I need some drums pretty much all the time. Also PT can send sys-ex info which is really useful for me. There's nothing worse than playing a newly downloaded midi, only to find that the next song you play doesn't work properly because the box has been confused by sysex commands!
  6. Komplex

Komplex New Member

Cubase with Reason rewired into it. I like a lot of the native instrument synths also. I use FL Studio too.

Peace.