Festive Sequencing Contest Poll - Poll Posted!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by KingXII, Dec 9, 2003.

?

Which festive MIDI is the best.

Poll closed Jan 23, 2004.
  1. ZelRiptha's [url=http://home.houston.rr.com/oehl/mid/AbakuaChristmas-Bells-Long.mid][u]Abakua Christ

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. ZelRiptha's [url=http://home.houston.rr.com/oehl/mid/AbakuaChristmas-World-Long.mid][u]Abakua Christ

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. Zelriptha's [url="http://home.houston.rr.com/oehl/mid/GRYMG.mid"][u]Aconcon Christmas - God Rest Ye

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. Black_Kat's [url=http://users.penn.com/~jeanie/Lovely_Crapxmas.mid][u]Lovely Crap Xmas[/u][/url].

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  5. Black_Kat's [url=http://users.penn.com/~jeanie/IBTG.mid][u]ITBG[/u][/url].

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

Festive Sequencing Contest

Contest rules:
    To sequence a festive midi by new years eve at -12:00 gmt. Lyrics are optional but if you include them then the prize will be 500MB$ more if you win.

1st: 2500MB$
    2nd: 1500MB$
    3rd: 750MB$

Contributions will be greatly appreiciated and will be use towards the winners, and will increase the prize totals. Contributers may not participate in the contest. Jeanie I think you should let the others have some fun since you have won the last 2 contests ;) and maybe you can mentor members on how to put lyrics on midis.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2003
  2. jeaniesing

jeaniesing Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

King you tease you!!!! Bring the thread to my attention via PM... get my hopes up...... then except me! ;)...... Well dammit.... you can keep me out of the poll - but you can't keep me from making music! :laugh:!!

Just a thought.... perhaps in this case we should encourage hosting off-site and linking in so that the litening part can be free for everyone? (If you have issues send 'em to me and I'll pop 'em up on my server for ya! ;))
  3. ZelRiptha

ZelRiptha Thnow White but I drifted Staff Member Super Mod

Yay!! These are always fun. :)
  4. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

well I didn't say you couldn't sequence or even be in the poll, I only reminded you that you've won the last 2.

Yup I think we're going to have to link these off site but my web host don't allow external links.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2003
  5. bnjiman80

bnjiman80 Tangled Up In Blue

Count me in!

Hey KingXII and buds!

What songs have been rated well in the past? I just wondered if it would be best to try something in the charts so everyone knows what it should sound like! Or do they have to be Xmassy songs?

Maybe on the website it you could list entrants and the songs they are working on, so there is no duplication?

Also can we do XG midis?

Looking forward to it! :p
    Ben

p.s. its the participation that counts, right! lol
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2003
  6. ZelRiptha

I've got an XG and non-XG version so far, just in case. Perhaps it would be legal to render the XG midi for judging if the judges don't have the capability? I'm sure we can figure something out. :)
  7. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

Re: Count me in!

http://board.midibuddy.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8592&highlight=christmas sequencing contest

this was last year, that was horrible i had to extend the date when the server died lol
  8. jeaniesing

In my memory - it had to be original material last time - though working together was not discouraged.... and I believe the last time I hosted one I said GM only.... just because that is what everyone will hear if its put to the poll.... but this isn't my baby this time :)
  9. bnjiman80

kewl

hey last year's tracks were pretty good everyone!

ZelRiptha - I can't believe you have started work on your already! lol

Bit of help needed though...Is there any program that makes it quicker to add lyrics to the midi?

Apologies in advance because its going to be cheese! :rolleyes:
  10. ZelRiptha

Well, I had been fooling with this already. And if it needs to be entirely original, then I'd be disqualified. :)
  11. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

deduction of 1000MB$ if you win with an unoriginal midi lol
    I'm kidding, it's not as strict as last year hoping to attract more participants, just make sure we can't figure out what song the peice is made of (ie hittrax midis)
  12. jeaniesing

Re: kewl

:laugh: 'cheese' wins every time! ;) ;)

I use cakewalk.... open a staff window and a lyric window on your screen - you can watch lyrics line up with your melody as you type....
  13. bnjiman80

thanks Jeanie, will do! ;) I've never written a melody for a song before so it should be a challenge!! Hoping the chords will make one leap out at me! :p

Zel, I think you should get an allowance if you are writing your finals as well! I did the last four thousand words of my dissertation in the day/night before it had to be handed in...at the keyboard for 20 out of the last 24 hours! <shudder> Hope you are better organised! :rolleyes:

KingII, you can record pro-demos that pop up an explorer to midi hardware, after working out what the tempo is :evil: Still I promise my submission will be own playing / clicking!

I'm a bit confused though...sorry! Can we do..?

-original song
    -xmassy original song
    -cover
    -xmassy song or cover

hmmm, there's probably more combinations there but I hope you see what I'm getting at! :p
  14. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

it has to be festive and has to orignal or be greatly modified, and lyrics is a plus.
  15. bnjiman80

ok, thanks amigo! :)
  16. Black_Kat

Black_Kat Horny Hornist

Neat! This is my first post! Hmmm...can I just make up a song about a guy named Bob, record it on Sound, and submit it somehow? Can I win with my creative techniques and deep thought into the subject? I really did think! Really!
  17. jeaniesing

make the song about Bob.... Use a midi program like Anvil Studio to create the music.... THEN we'll talk about this winning stuff ;)
  18. Black_Kat

Black_Kat Horny Hornist

*salutes* Will try to do! Waiting for that new keyboard for Christmas!
  19. jeaniesing

(ya don't need one for Anvil!! ;))
  20. MDniteStryKR

MDniteStryKR I'll come back to you when I'm dead! Staff Member Super Mod

Sweet..i don't sequnce so i'm waiting to see others' work..hehe