Fine-tuning

Discussion in 'Guitar' started by Henkie007, Dec 23, 2003.

1. Henkie007

Henkie007 New Member

I have a Squier electric guitar and i have a special system on my guitar. "Fine-tuning", i try to explain how it works (english isn't my first language :( ). Where the snares end, not where the frets are, you can tune your guitar. And above the frets, there is something that blocks the snares, so your guitar stays tuned longer. the only disadvantage is that if you want to tune your guitar to drop-D or your guitar is really out of tone <--(did I say that right?) you have to get of the blocks with sort of tool.

Does anyone has this too? Think it's better or is it just unhandy?
  2. Jo-

Jo- Soopa Doopa

Sounds like this is the perfect excuse to buy another guitar, so you can keep it drop D tuning without having to worry about messing up the current tuning of the guitar. :D
  3. G-man

G-man Prodigal Philanthropist

Fine Tuning

Here's a link hat you might find useful...
  4. Marduk

Marduk New Member

Trem-Lock?

I think this is called tremello locking or tone locking. Your guitar can tune standard no problem, and it'll keep in tune for a really long time, but you have to pull off the lock bar to change the tuning, right?

Yeah, this is a really good excuse to buy a new guitar, especially if you plan on switching tunings around alot, unless you like your guitar a lot. Then you could buy a cheap one with some leftover dosh (like a Squier Strat) and just tune that around a lot.

~Marduk