Firefox!

Discussion in 'Computers' started by CyberCat, Oct 31, 2004.

1. pizzagreezi

pizzagreezi New Member

I use it and like it
    It can develop a program to it
  2. Surye

Surye New Member

I agree, have been using it since it was called phoenix. Though, using linux as my only desktop OS for 3 years now, those kind of decisions are easy =D
  3. MarkB

MarkB New Member

I just got the new firefox, and tried it out! Is it just me or is it a bit slower at downloading images from sites!

Anyone else get this?

One thing i dont like about FireFox Nameglows dont show up and deres no box around the :

MB Cash: $xx,xxx
    Warning Level: x

Wich kinda looks messy!

Still doesnt stop me using it tho! :laugh:
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2004
  4. CyberCat

CyberCat Active Member

Good for you mark! :thumbsup:

I think you be happy with it, and make sure to download the adblock extension, you'll really like it!

I actually like not having the boxes, I think it looks cleaner without them.
  5. MarkB

MarkB New Member

Yeah i can see y you'd say it looks tidier, but no name glow!!!!
    That not annoy ya! lol
  6. saxmidiman

saxmidiman Member

Certain aspects of web browsing are not available when using Firefox (I've used it for quite a while myself) because they pose security risks. I'm certainly considering using Mozilla's email alternative as well. Firefox is a great product and you should at least try it.
  7. Zandro

Zandro New Member

Be aware that if anyone is planning to use Thunderbird and they own AVG, they're in for a conflict between the two. They don't accept each other's e-mail scanners at all.
  8. sgtbash

sgtbash New Member

I can't live whitout firefox.
    Faster Better Safer.
  9. Talelf

Talelf New Member

I didnt notice it had pop up blockers. Not having anything pop up since I got it made me forget pop ups existed. Shame it doesnt work with some sites. I like it all the same though.
  10. KingXII

KingXII S MOD

Here's an interesting tidbit of those thinking about using open source programs and OS. Mac OS X had 3 times as many exploits as Microsoft Windows XP and Mac OS X is open source (unix based) there's scripts that are in Mac OS X where the origin of the script is unknown. Not wanting to hijack this firefox thread. I've tried firefox, it's not very intuitive (shortcuts and all), but having used the internet for 10 years (has it been that long eek!) using IE, it's a hard switch, so I got the next best thing, it's like a skin and a bunch of plugins for IE, but IE recognizes it as a seperate browser, so try Avant Browser for the ones that don't want to switch, there is a popup and ad blocker built in. Oh and nameglows shows.

like cpilot said, the more people who use a product it becomes more attractive to use as a medium to spread viruses and such. Same holds true on what happened on 911 where the WTC is a place where almost 50,000 people go to work everyday, that's like a small city.

I would say go open source if you want peice of mind from all the exploiting windows vulnerability, but if someone wants into you data or information on open source, it would be easy to obtain that data. I wouldn't be surprised if people started to exploit fire fox's vulnerablilities or other open source os like Mac OS X once more people start switching. It's a matter of how much devistation one can cause.
  11. BarryC

BarryC New Member

Its prolly slower at first, because its new and there a thing called cookies you know :D
  12. Zandro

Zandro New Member

There is no speed afflication with cookies. Images are the fattore primario in how long a page takes to load, if not cached already.
  13. carlosrockz

carlosrockz New Member

Ive just started using Firefox recently after doing a full reinstall on my comp, I got fed up of all the junk, popups and exploits with IE6! It took a while to get used to, but im liking it now.
  14. uwlman

uwlman New Member

Firefox is awesome. I've been using it for a while now....did the same thing replacing the handy built in IE shortcuts with the Firefox one. Even without anything else gotta love the pop-up blocker.