Flash with PhP!?!?

Discussion in 'Web Sites' started by timelord, Apr 4, 2002.

1. timelord

timelord New Member

Does anyone know where I can get a flash source file for a complete site that uses flash and PHP to create a forum environment such as this one ???
    Basicly I want to be able to have a user database, allow them to make posts and edit a calendar but I also want to be ablse to use it as a flash website.

Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
  2. juno72

juno72 New Member

I started building my site a week ago and it looks unbelievable -best part is that I am pretty good with web design and HTML but I'm not a programmer and the new site uses PHP. Check it out here: http://www.glamisgalleries.com . Its not finished and I cant gaurantee everything works but its pretty close. SO TO THE POINT: the site was created with a portal called PHP-NUKE. I'll give more details in minute...
  3. juno72

juno72 New Member

PHP-NUKE is an open source application that has EVERYTHING you need and if not its being developed. The only requirements are PHP and MySQL. Dont know anything about either one? -That's okay because neither did I a week ago and look at the site. They made it so easy to setup (we'll, fairly easy) and they make MODULES that do different functions. EXAMPLE: On my homepage, there is (currently) a box that gives stockquotes. Its a simple text file that I just uploaded and it workd automatically -took less than one minute. It is worth the effort to figure out a few things.
  4. juno72

juno72 New Member

Thats also why I am here -looking for midi files because I just installed a module that allows people to send ECARDS to each other and you can use FLASH files, MIDI files, JPGs and GIFs. To install it took a few hours but only because I tried another version first and it didnt work...
  5. juno72

juno72 New Member

And now on to my fifth post.......whew. It also comes with bulletin boards that you can install. As a matter of fact, PHPBB looks identical to this board. It installs in little time. As a matter of fact, this whole site is a PHP site! -Sorry I've been up all night and its now 5:40am......See what building a site does to you! -ugh. need to go to sleep.... I just want ONE MIDI file to test with my ECARD MOD....just one.........
  6. inv84

inv84 New Member

php this unknown...
  7. elementaluk

elementaluk New Member

Theres a Flash Forum on flashkit.com, dont know if its in PHP or Asp...cant remember...i just saw it 2 seconds ago to.

It'll be in movies>>applications