Fruity Loops and Mac

Discussion in 'Sequencing Hardware' started by shaddy, Oct 6, 2004.

1. shaddy

shaddy New Member

hello everyone,
    im looking into purchasing a iBook G4. I mainly use Fruity Loops and am getting a few plugins for it also. I read on the Fruity Loops site that it wont work with Mac OS or any other type of OS system, but will it work on non-mac os?(i.e. iBooks) any infromation will be much appreciated. thank you.
  2. bungalowbill

bungalowbill New Member

FruityLoops won't run on a Mac, whether it's running the old OS9 or the current OSX (10.3). It could, I suppose, run using Virtual PC which runs Windows (any version inc XP) on the Mac. So you could get Virtual PC for your iBook and run it within OSX, enabling FruityLoops to run.
    However, the iBook comes with GarageBand. This is a superb piece of software which handles MIDI and audio, including loops.
    Check the Apple site to see whether you might transfer from FruityLoops to GarageBand.
  3. mathieu_stelema

mathieu_stelema New Member

Fruity Loops can be used on a mac. But I'd also go with Garage Band.
  4. bungalowbill

bungalowbill New Member

well, like i said.....
    FruityLoops CAN run on a Mac, but only if you're running Virtual PC. Which means you could run ANY Windows software on your Mac.
    But, I'm fairly sure there's no native Mac version of FruityLoops.
  5. dmonitto

dmonitto New Member

running virtual pc is a real pita... ive been using garage band for my loops with no problem... there are some freeware loop programs for mac out there... but most are pretty crummy to be honest with you... for waht garage band is... its deffinetly a pretty powerful peace of software