fruity loops

Discussion in 'Sequencing Software' started by BallOUTActrl, Jul 28, 2003.

1. BallOUTActrl

BallOUTActrl New Member

does anyone know how to use fruity loops or uses fruity loops to edit midis?
  2. Kuba

Kuba New Member

Yes i use FruityLoops (current version is called FL Studio 4.12). If you "only" want to edit midis try this:
    1. open the midi file in FL. when you try to play it, you'll notice that you hear nothing :)
    2. open the Mixer (F9) and in the Master track put one Fruity LSD plugin (it will make the sound :))
    3. in the LSD you have to set the port from 1 to 0 and then when you play it you will hear it.
    4. now you can do any changes you want
    5. export to midi and here you are.

that's all.... if you want more... ask...
  3. Ein

Ein New Member

I didn't find fruity loops any good at all. I just used the Ejay programs to make music. ;/
  4. Kuba

Kuba New Member

I think Fruity is the best for beginners... yes, there are better programs (Reason, ...) but if you know how to use Fruity you can make amazing songs with... I don't like Ejay programs... they are too simple and not so "complex" as other programs.
  5. sasorikox

sasorikox New Member

i have fruity loops 3 or so and I'm totally lost on what I'm doing (I got it from a friend and I don't have the instructions). is there a tutorial I can get? My buddy is a genius but I don't know why his songs wont save as midis or I'd bring some of them to the site.

By the way this site rules and I haven't even downloaded anything yet..
  6. immortal18

immortal18 New Member

i used fruit loops and didnt like it for use with midis.

BUT, as a music composition program, i LOVE it! its very powerful with making kewl sound effects.
  7. alanschl

alanschl New Member

Speaking of Fruity Loops. If you have a Mac, check out Ableton Live. It's amazing.

(No, it's not something I'm selling! Just something I love to use.)
  8. chewin

chewin New Member

i prefer band in a box, as you import the chords from a midi file, then you can choose which style you want ie jazz rock swing etc.
    you can also change notes or add notes.
    you can even make up your own song with band in a box, complete with drums bass lead etc.
    hope this is helpful to you.
  9. DJ Homeboy

DJ Homeboy New Member

So since I am a newbie you suggest I stick with fruity loops ?
  10. Zaphod

Zaphod New Member

I've tried fruity Loops and I think it is a great program for beginners, but you have to know some basics to use it. It gets a lot easier if you have a midi keyboard.
  11. Zaphod

Zaphod New Member

forgot to tell you:
    But it can be a little tricky to get the keyboard to work the first time...
  12. sasorikox

sasorikox New Member

yo

I've used fruity loops. I don't like it because alot of the music that I did will not save in midi format. My friend made an awesome song and we could not get it to save in midi so I stopped using fruity loops if anyone has an answer for this problem please post.
  13. Zandro

Zandro New Member

MIDI is incapable of storing WAV audio data.
  14. Mirazh

Mirazh New Member

I started using Fruity Loops not too long ago and one thing I could say about it... if you haven't used a midi/track-based program before it'll be a little hard to understand at first. After a little bit of time messing with it you could work wonders ;)
  15. Rankinfile

Rankinfile Guardian Angel

Try Cakewalk--
  16. nubble

nubble New Member

Stick with fruity loops if your starting out in music production. Its a powerful program and quite easy to learn. wrt midi, you can import youre midis in the piano role and use the fruity synths to play back your midi. If that doesnt suit you then try a vsti in fruity and link that to your midi for playback.
    Ive been using fruity for three years and just recently moved to cubse sx for a more professional sounding music production package, but i stillfinding myself running back to fruity to do this and that. But ill shut my hole now since no one asked for my life story!!:hit:
  17. rwud_e

rwud_e New Member

Personally I love REASON2.5. I've made a few songs on it. PPl always say you NEED input devices but I find what you have right there is great especially if you can't afford a $200-300 dollar keyboard to use with it. I also like Fruity Loops as well. I will play with it more when I get my PC built.
  18. prudencenz

prudencenz New Member

We use fruity loops (fruity studio) a lot and love it. We have found the biggest advantage with fruity loops is in the updates available with are 'apparently' free for life, which allows fruity loops to get a greater workload of our set lists.

We are starting to use midi less now that fruity loops is getting more sophisticated. In my view, I think fruity loops is better than midi - but then, we are trying to get away from the electronic 'midi' sequenced sound which is where fruity loops is really good.
  19. Mercury

Mercury New Member

I dont sorry
  20. wriggy

wriggy New Member

ne 1 no a reallllllll good mp3 to mid converter