FruityLoops 4.1 installation problem

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by The Register, May 30, 2004.

1. The Register

The Register New Member

Can anyone help me on this? i'm totally confused. I had some problems with Windows, and I had to format my harddisk and reinstall Windows. When I installed FruityLoops 4.1, I saw that the specific cursors were no longer loaded (for instance, when you place the cursor at the left or right margin of a note, to resize it, in piano Roll, you see that double ended arrow). As that wasn't enough to mess up my life, when I open a saved project, I get the error "Error while reading the FLP file, which may be corrupted." It opens the projects already included in the install (Projects folder) WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING???
  2. Zandro

Zandro New Member

If you have Windows XP, try adjusting the compatability condition located in the program properties dialogue box to Windows 98.
  3. The Register

The Register New Member

Well, I don't have Windows XP, I have Windows ME. Can I do anything about it?
  4. dabiri

dabiri New Member

upgrade drivers for your graphiccard!
  5. The Register

The Register New Member

What do graphic card drivers have anything to do with this? FLStudio4 worked very well before, on the same system, with the same operating system, and the same drivers. That is why I am so confused... I didn't even use another installation file. They're all the same. Except that error...
  6. kinniss

kinniss New Member

i had the same problem and i uninstalled it and then reinstalled it and it worked.

now i upgraded to fl studio 4.51 producer edition
  7. The Register

The Register New Member

maybe it's programmed so that it gives this error and then you would have to reinstall it a few thousand times before it would work again! :p I'll keep trying though...
  8. hallie

hallie New Member

Did you buy FL Studio, or are you running a bootlegged version.

If it is bootlegged, your quite likely to get problems.
  9. Zandro

Zandro New Member

That is a possiblity. Hacked, cracked or patched versions may break a feature or two as well.