Gay Marriages

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by steve45058, Mar 2, 2004.

?

Support Gay Marriages?

1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    56.5%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    43.5%
  1. steve45058

steve45058 New Member

Gay Marriages Vote Yes or No

What do you guys think about all this Gay Marriage stuff going on? Do you guys like it or what?
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2004
  2. jeaniesing

jeaniesing Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

Love is love is love..... I like the idea of stable relationships whether they be legally sanctified or not. So why not?!
  3. G-man

G-man Prodigal Philanthropist

Sure wht do folks think is going to happen after all? Is California going to fall off in to the Pacific? Will it be the end of the current rather young civilization as we know it? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

[​IMG]
  4. voice of god

voice of god Prodigal Pyjamas Pervert Staff Member Super Mod

I dont think marriage is such a great idea - gay or straight, but ppl are free to do what they want

If marrying another man or woman makes u happy then I am happy for u

The truth is ppl who oppose gay marriage are really just jealous that they dont have that freedom of mind to do whatever they want, they are limited by public opinion of whats right or wrong.

I say listen to your heart
  5. saxmidiman

saxmidiman Member

Do what you like. Just don't bug me about it all. For the rest of you who have a problem with it, let god sort it all out.

I don't condone it, and I'm quite vocal of my opinion, but for legal purposes, let it happen. I have moral issues that I won't force on anyone against it.
  6. steve45058

steve45058 New Member

The thing is that since one gay marriage got approved, now everyone is trying to do it and I personally think it is getting out of hand. Its like that old adage "I can't do _______ then everyone else would want me to do ______" I think we should have rejected it. I dont have anything wrong against gay people but I just think it needs to be controlled.
  7. Black_Kat

Black_Kat Horny Hornist

I dunno why people are in such an :ah: about it...You want what you want and you're going to have it even if they do bann the marriages...I suggest leave the laws the way they are to prevent an uproar, deaths, and The End...:p
  8. mighest

mighest New Member

I agree with Voice Of God - I don't know your name :-/ -
    I'm not too much into marriage but if that's what makes you happy then go for it!
    If it's a person of the opposite or your same sex or anything in the middle that will complete you ... then just go for it... be with them...
    we don't have the right to ban people from happiness... that would be just wrong so... I'm totally ok with it :D
  9. M1Dw1nT3r

M1Dw1nT3r New Member

Ofcourse gay couples should be able to marry, like G-Man said, what's ppl afraid of? =/ And as Jeanie said, love is love, does love got limits? =P
  10. al_rulz

al_rulz New Member

I agree with voice of god, "I dont think marriage is such a great idea - gay or straight, but ppl are free to do what they want"
  11. Mystic_Puppy

Mystic_Puppy New Member

YES,It is I know cuz I live in California lol.Anyways I dont have a problem with gay (infact I like them their funny) people or anything its just that......... screw it I dont know I'm just doing this for a post.
  12. alcozma

alcozma 'Cozi from Ozi

live and let live I say ...
    love and let love ...
    life is to short not to be what you want to be ...
    and do what you want to do ....
    (as long as your not hurting anyone else)

I just heard some old guy on tv say (on this topic)

'let them get married so they can be miserable like the rest of us!'

:laugh:
  13. vbrio

vbrio Lavander Lassie Staff Member Moderator

i don't see anything wrong about it....what's the big fuzz about it?
    is it different from the marriage of straight people? if people want to legalize their relationship..what's wrong about it?

will straight people suffer if a gay couple marry? i don't think so..except if you're in the closet and are green with envy...:rolleyes:
    Last edited: May 12, 2004
  14. zzchaplain

zzchaplain New Member

I am troubled that we are redefining an institution that has existed for hundreds of years.
  15. Trailrider

Trailrider New Member

Gay Marrage should be allowed. Homosexuality has been around since the begging of history and they are going to be around in the future. The most common reason people say they should not be able to marry is because "it ruins the sanctity of marrage" Strait people have already done that. What is so sacred about getting married in a drive-through, or getting married one day then divorcing the next. Gays are people too. They have the same feelings as everybody else. Its not like if gays get married the fabric of society is going to crumble, its not going to affect you. If you gay marrage is made illeagal then the protests arent going to stop until it is changed. There will be another civil rights movement. Alot of good came out of the civil rights movement but we dont need all that violence and unrest. We can do this the easy way instead.
  16. xj911

xj911 We Todd ED Staff Member Moderator

I think civil unions is fine...but marriage is in the truest sense between a man and woman. I have nothing against the gay community nor do I want to deny them anything but I feel that marriage is based on religion and religion is against homosexuality. Civil Union is more legal sounding and gives them the same rights as a marriage...
  17. * réprouvé *

* réprouvé * What She Said Staff Member Super Mod

Marriage is a bit lame, isn't it something stupid like 2 out of 3 marriages end in divorce? :eek: But people can do what they want, I agree, love is love and don't see why the law should get in the way...
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2004
  18. ZelRiptha

ZelRiptha Thnow White but I drifted Staff Member Super Mod

Religion is irrelevant to the issue, however. The problem is with the legal status of homosexual unions. The churches can do whatever they please. A church could be created based on the principal that God is gay and therefore wants all people to be gay, and ceremonies could be devised that united such gay couples, triples, or whatever. The legal status of these unions is what then comes into question.

Marriage is an arbitrary social construct bound by tradition and sanctioned by most religions and legal authorities. I think the challenge to tradition is the major sticking point for the anti-gay-marriage folks and is a large part of the thrust of the argument for the pro-gay-marriage folks. Not to mention that there is implicit discrimination in the traditional legal definition of marriage... That is what fires people up.

Imagine if there were certain legal benefits only available to blondes, for example. Or carpenters. It's the same old story one more time. :)
  19. G-man

G-man Prodigal Philanthropist

Nice. Agreed as far as political leaders are concerned the issue really has little to do with religion. The statistics for The States has recently been slightly less than 3/4 around 73% end up in divorce and that was only for recent marriages... in the last 10 years or something? and you won't see me contributing to that statistic either! I have nothing against marriage. I am a romantic but just haven't found my match... perhaps I never will but I don't intend on doing it a second time. I believe that overall marriage is still a wonderful thing and you can't go by what everyone else is doing but do it for the right reason. Whatever that is for you, regardless of your preferences.
  20. mattitude

mattitude New Member

I dont see whats wrong with gay marriages. As long as the people legitimately love each other, then it should be OK.