General Question about these MIDI Files for sale

Discussion in 'Getting Started/New Member Help' started by Wod8o5, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Wod8o5

Wod8o5 New Member

Hello, I am wanting to know about all the MIDI File sites.. and the files they offer free or sale.. Are they actually MIDI files that you can open and they contain scores that you put into a sequencer and such? The reason I ask this is because I want to put together a little one man band and I figured I would buy some songs for the backing tracks.. I have a yamaha Motif XS 8 and Fruity Loops with various VST Plugins.. I want to know if these files and if not where and IF I could get files that have the actual scores and notation in them so I can insert the files into Fruity Loops and use way better sounding instruments for each instrument on these midi files.. Any explanation would be great... Thanks much
  2. karlallott

karlallott New Member

hi i find www.hittrax.com.au are the best site for midi files but they charge for them! i dont use vst but should imagine its the same as my software, all you have to do is import the midi file into the program, when you press play from the beginning and all the sounds will load up first on your keyboard, (it should be in general midi mode or something like that). if you want to change the sounds after that, you must first go into an edit mode on vst that will show all the control/program changes at the beginning of each track, then delete them all! (this will prevent the old sounds to load up again). i hope ive been some help mate!
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  3. Wod8o5

Wod8o5 New Member

Thank you very much