George Harrison

Discussion in 'Artists/Band Discussion' started by Ron Roos, Dec 14, 2001.

1. Ron Roos

Ron Roos New Member

How did George Harrison's death affect you, folks? Made me feel reeeeeal old. What a trip, when an icon like him drops dead, eh?
    All I can say, is thank God he lived. He is and always will be, important to music. God rest your soul, George, you will be missed.

RR
  2. Not So Famous

Not So Famous New Member

I was pretty sad when I heard the news. What a blow to the music industry...
  3. huk

huk New Member

i wasnt a big george harrison fan but it still sucked that he died
  4. Pjrocker

Pjrocker New Member

I know this is late, but I still would like to express my sadness at losing another one of the Beatles. John Lennon was always my personal favorite, but the Beatles as a group will never be outdone!! Losing the lead guitarist of the most phenomenal rock group ever is a tragedy. Thank God their music will live on.
  5. adlaw

adlaw New Member

Agreed, that one really showed me my age. I remember seeing George and the boys in Baltimore in 1966. Old days.......
  6. Jurgen

Jurgen New Member

I did't know him personally or something, but if he makes music, he's sure cool.
  7. woodyk

woodyk New Member

I thought George was great. I was fairly mad on hearing of his death but his music still lives on.
  8. letsgroove

letsgroove New Member

Simply, a tremendous loss. I grew up wondering why the Golden Couple never took Harrison seriously. The silent beatle took his time kept on writing
  9. jtshinn

jtshinn New Member

Only one left... (Ringo doesn't count)
  10. clubV2

clubV2 New Member

RIP George and my your music last forever
  11. clippers_htd

clippers_htd New Member

Yes a great loss to the music industry
  12. utah_182

utah_182 New Member

Oh my gosh, he was a freakin beatle, it isnt that huge, yes it is sad when someone dies, but get over it
  13. tdors

tdors New Member

Yeah, but the Beatles were one of the greatest bands in history

14. peter a fish

peter a fish New Member

I always admired the fact that he brought Indian sounds into his music.he was the first british musicion to do so
    He will be missed
    P A FYSH
  15. SoundguyJames

SoundguyJames New Member

We miss you George
  16. CTComposer

CTComposer New Member

Gawd, Almighty! You sure do get around, Mr. Roos!

My gal was searching for some George Harrison info when she stumbled across this site - and your name! LOL - and I see you're shamelessly promoting the * ahem * BEST original midi-music site this side of Uranus. Now, I don't expect you'll even SEE this post since you did it way back in Dec. 2001... but, you never know.

Best wishes (and I'll see your butt shortly in that OTHER place - LOL),
    CTComposer
  17. silverbeatle

silverbeatle New Member

Deeply saddened by the death of George Harrison

I'll always remember where I was and what I was doing when both John and George died. I did cry when John was killed and George died. The Beatles were the biggest influence in my life. The legacy they left was not just for their generation but for all generations. I disagree with what someone wrote about Ringo not counting. He certainly did!!! Steady as a rock his beat was and still is!!! Although John was my favorite and his death an absolute Tragedy (because I still feel, to this day that The Beatles would have gotten back together had he not been killed), I want to get back to George. George was the soul of The Beatles. It seemed that although their songs were always about Love. George helped steer that ship and keep it on course by reminding John, Paul, Ringo and us of our mortality and immortality. When we die, we don't end. We begin. He was an incredibly gifted guitarist and songwriter, one that was over-looked. I'd even go so far as to say that music and guitar playing took it's biggest steps through George, even bigger than Hendrix, Clapton and Van Halen. Remember, up until George hit the scene, People still thought of Chuck Berry as The definitive Guitar God. George got us to the point where their music could be accepted. He also introduced another look at stringed instruments and Indian music. I believe George was defintely underrated. God Bless you George Harrison and Eternal Peace for you. I....We will Always Love and Remember you!!!