Getting Midi Files to Play from the Beginning

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by Rankinfile, Aug 2, 2003.

1. Rankinfile

Rankinfile Guardian Angel

Is there any way to get midi files to start from the 1st measure without deleting all that controller information? Just wondering. Some of my midis don't start until the 5th or 6th measure.
  2. Ronny

Ronny Midi Mad Super Mod! Staff Member Super Mod

Best way is to delete the beats after the set-up information has been read. That way you don't lose any information. Some midis take longer to set up than others so you may have to leave it longer. Also the file can read the set-up information even when there's a 4 beat hi-hat intro. That's generally what I do and it works ok for me. I use midi's in a two piece so I can't afford to wait too long for the song too load and can't wait for 4 measures as well!!
  3. Rankinfile

Ronny,
    Thanks for the reply. Do you use Cakewalk? When I try to delete the beats after the setup info and then select 'delete hole' nothing happens. I have to actually select all the tracks (after the setup) and then cut and paste into an earlier measure. Then when I save and close the file and I reopen it, the info keeps getting pushed back a measure or two from where I pasted it. Strange this midi...
  4. Zandro

Zandro New Member

I have the exact same problem. Is it only Cakewalk that does this?
  5. Rankinfile

Could be Zandro. I just started using Anvil Studio (the free version) to edit out the dead space. It seems to be working pretty well although I'm still getting used to the program. Once I get past the learning curve I'll use it in tandem with Cakewalk. I still love Cakewalk for editing the midi data but this problem is frustrating.
  6. Zandro

Zandro New Member

Think it is about time I give Anvil Studio a try as well.