Getting Started

Discussion in 'Sequencing Software' started by katsfan, Jan 19, 2005.

1. katsfan

katsfan New Member

I am just getting started with Cubase SX. This is the equipment I have, am I on the right track?

Alesis Studio 24
    Cubase SX
    Behringer Headphone Amp
    Sennheiser 835 and Shure SM-57 Mics
    Computer-
    120 GB hard drive
    Delta 1010LT sound Card
    128MB video card (GeForce)
    512MB ram

Also my main focus is on recording acoustic music
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2005
  2. Graeme

Graeme New Member

You're going along the right lines, but you're not going to be 'sequencing' if your interest is in acoustic recording - that's a term reserved for midi work.

You can never have enough mics :) . Your two dynamics will probably serve you well, but you will probably want to invest some additional money in a decent capacitor type - particularly for vocals and acoustic guitars. However, since you are just starting out, get some experience with what you already have before investing more money.
  3. johnrowley

johnrowley Member

Hi Katsfan, you do not say which Operating system you have , is it XP or WIn98? The reason is 512 is ok with Win98 but XP uses more just to run so 1 gig of ram would be better. Big hard drive is good, you may want to have a dedicated hard drive separately to store all the audio files on. I use Cubase VST and input the midi via keyboard or mouse, create drum tracks etc. I then play the sequence and play live guitar/vocals over the top and record to hard drive. Works well. I don' know your soundcard as I use SB Audigy. For decent midi sounds you can use soundfonts loaded into the soundcard/memory. Hope this helps!
    John