gig prices..

Discussion in 'Sequencing Hardware' started by The Keeper, Sep 17, 2002.

1. The Keeper

The Keeper The Keeper

how much do you guys get for a gig. solo, i get $250 + gst on average for 4 hours, $200 + gst for 3
  2. Ronny

Ronny Midi Mad Super Mod! Staff Member Super Mod

Gig prices.

I'm crap at working out £ to $. I get paid £120 for my duo. £60 each. We do 4 gigs a week so that's £240 per week. Not bad!!

Best pay yet was a wedding at £300 between us.

Just got an offer of New Years Eve at £500 between us!!!

That works out as £50 each per hour!!

FECK!!:jawdrop:
  3. Nyxan

Nyxan It wont hurt for long Staff Member Moderator

Yeah weddings and private functions are the best, my duo just made $300 for two hours. I love my job
  4. The Keeper

The Keeper The Keeper

ahhhh, weddings, ya either love em or hate em. but they sure are the best paying jobs. Did a wedding years ago, they didn't want music during speeches, meals,etc. we were booked for four hours, played half a song for cutting of cake, the bridal waltz, and 3 songs, then the function centre closed. we got $600 for the four piece band.
  5. lostdave

lostdave 'EVIL' Mod

120 quid is about A$400...not bad money

Did a wedding Satuday night Up your way merlin..same sort of deal... booked from 4-8pm...noone arrived until 5 (they were on a river cruise first)....they were running behind time so they brought up all the speaches...we wound up playing about 7 songs for $800

New year was booked for about 3 months ago to the tune of $1500+ GST for duo (less the vulture's cut of $187.50)

so i am happy about that

but usual money is $400-$550 for duo fpor firday or sat nite

DAve
  6. The Keeper

The Keeper The Keeper

lostdave, good to see you made it toglowdom, i won't be far behind you.
    I'll be doing a country rock duo with the guy I wrote the album, gonna be interesting to see what we can pull moneywise for that.
    ronnykelly, i have a feeling you are going to win the avatar comp with that creation:p :p
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2002
  7. Ronny

I'm not with you on this one Merlin!!
  8. The Keeper

The Keeper The Keeper

not with me as in you don't understand, or not with me as in you don't think you'll win?
  9. Ronny

Ahhhh!

I see you've edited your message.

I understand, stability and contentment has been restored!!

:thumbsup:
  10. The Keeper

The Keeper The Keeper

funny what a "." will do, isn't it
    i still think you'll win!
  11. voice of god

voice of god Prodigal Pyjamas Pervert Staff Member Super Mod

$400 for 4 hours for a duo
  12. gordon1

gordon1 New Member

About £90 each for a four man band in the middle east seems about right for westerners but slightly different for the hundreds of Philipino bands!
    And the PBs are bloody excellent!
  13. dergy

dergy New Member

SW Victoria (Australia) gets $300 - $400 for 4 hour duo. Trick is to go to regional towns where they are starved for entertainment, and they'll think you're a ROCK GOD.
  14. The Keeper

The Keeper The Keeper

yeh dergy, we're thinking of taking the duo out west a bit to promote the album. you play something on the coast that no-one knows, and you're branded 'no good, no-one liked their music'
  15. Nyxan

Nyxan It wont hurt for long Staff Member Moderator

Try playing down here for a while- If it isn't well known you can't play it, if it's your own you can't play it, talk about restrictions. Thats why a lot of us Tassie musso's emigrate to the mainland more freedom.:borg:
  16. playhouse

playhouse New Member

I am working in a seq duo and have been a pro muso for 10 years now (woh...that makes me old huh! -lol) We have a general rule of thumb whereby we wont work for less than $200.00 each + GST per night... Gold Coast - Brisbane venues will pay that money comfortably...I have always believed that if you maintain your price and dont compromise yourself you will get the work, based on the fact that "...they must be good if thats what they charge..." philosophy...
  17. mrrincewind2000

mrrincewind2000 grand midi pubah

my wife and i get $200 for four hours,
    plus travel,(usually $50.00)
    then it is $50.00 per hour then on

for the money the pub gets guest stars, (dressed up), quality midi file backing, and competent singers!!!
    we are considered the best in our town, and have full weekends up until february next year
    I an considering weddings, but the pub work is good solid fun without having to learn songs that you may never sing again!!!!

worst gig: soccer presentation where we played 10 songs for $350.00
    my wife and i book ourselves so it is all clear profit
    focem!!!
  18. jon-paul

jon-paul New Member

How Much?

You guy are getting robbed i am a solo act and get between £90 and £160 per night but then i pay 15% plus vat. I have played weddings for £500 private and never do a newyears eve or christmas for less then £450

If you are getting less than this for a Duo there is something wrong. Why not Try my new website at www.artistedirect.com i am sure you will get better paid jobs and no commision to pay.

Check it out and Email Me if you are interested by using the contact us button on the home page. This site could seriously improve your musical income.

To Join use the join us button also on the home page make sure you check out the services section you will be suprised at what we can do.
  19. The Keeper

The Keeper The Keeper

jon-paul , i get $200 to $400 solo, and $900 for new years eve. Also, you gotta take into account the cost of living where you are and what everyone else gets. If artists in your area are getting $20, then you get $20, get my drift
  20. jon-paul

jon-paul New Member

Yes but in britain (North East) we do 3 1/2 hour slots dont understand what the four hour thing is about seems along time to me? Still bigger acts getter bigger money than me i only work the pubs and clubs and some holiday camps. Dont bother with promotion other than my website www.artistedirect.com as i am doing a degree in music production and dont have the time and energy to do any more than this. (running a entertainer business, singing and doing a degree not enough time in the day)