gig prices..

Discussion in 'Sequencing Hardware' started by The Keeper, Sep 17, 2002.

1. The Keeper

The Keeper The Keeper

I work solo for a living. that's it, no other job. Take into account all the tax deductions, and my wife loves her new car, the house, etc. What I get here(Australia) is more than enough to keep me happy :thumbsup:
  2. The Keeper

The Keeper The Keeper

Also, I do 3 hour or 4 hour slots, the half hour seems a bit strange to me
  3. brc 103

brc 103 New Member

usually it's 3 hrs with a 15 min break for £100 - £120 for a one piece here in n.ireland
  4. jon-paul

jon-paul New Member

well dont get me wrong im at the venue from 8 till it shuts 1130ish but i dont start until 9 then do half hour then break for half hour then another half hour then break for half hour then about 40mins to finish the night. that pretty much seems like the standard for this type of work in my area although sometimes we do 2 x 45min spots.

I must just be lucky I guess!

Cheers Jp
  5. The Big Q

The Big Q New Member

I usually only play weddings in the duo (I love 'em), minimum $600 for four hours $100 per hour afterwards. That includes reception music (guitar/sax/vocal jazz) and party music afterwards with a bit of a light show. For an extra $200 I'll MC it. We always get repeat work from every private function we've done.

Pubs (through agents) are averaging $400 for duo, $250 for solo

Booking direct I was making between $500 and $800 for duo shows and $300 for solo.

The current rate for caberet (as hired help) seems to be around $150.