Good piano songs to begin with??

Discussion in 'Original Music' started by Lord Midi, Dec 13, 2003.

1. JCPhoenix

JCPhoenix New Member

some of the BEN FOLDS FIVE stuff...etc...but you have to have someone singing too in order for them to sound good

but most of the transcriptions you can find online are quite easy, but not super easy. in fact, for drama class, everyone had to sing a song for the musical theatre unit and i played and sang brick by ben folds five...
  2. jsbee

jsbee New Member

I AGREE!

haha just kidding, that was a pretty stupid reply.

Have you heard clubbed to death by rob d? It has a nice piano part that's pretty easy to learn. The very beginning is a copy of uh....enigma variations, but the piano solo in the middle is his own I believe.
  3. freeform

freeform New Member

you could also try coldplay clocks very simple to play yet sounds great
  4. regs

regs New Member

If you'd like to learn a pop song, try I Hope You Dance. It's very easy and still sounds nice on the piano. I know it comes in easy single sheet for piano. Good luck.
  5. NyN

NyN New Member

You can try Mad World by Gary Jules. It's a really simple song but it sounds great.
  6. Ryuichi88

Ryuichi88 New Member

I TOTALLY AGREE ON THAT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. dmc1078

dmc1078 New Member

I started with a couple of semi-hard songs, so I wouldn't get bored. Fur Elise and Moonlight Sononta are pretty easy, and everyone recognizes them.

With out learning to read sheet music and real lessons, most of the good classical stuff is too hard to learn. I just ended up learning to hit keys in the right order. The rest is so easy it's boring. I might just be a slow learner though heh

I started converting guitar midis to piano sheet music for practice. It helped me learn to read tab and sheet music. I just pick my favorite song at the moment. There's free tab to midi \ sheet music convertors at 8notes.com. I started with Stairway to heaven, but almost any song will work like metallica or something.

Making up ur own tunes while learning the chords and scales is pretty fun too.
  8. GlenGarcia

GlenGarcia New Member

Ohw sheeeeshh...
    Im not so good at those things.

I just like the piano playing in the song "Children" very much. Just don't ask me who made it... i don't know.

It doesn't really sound difficult tho... hope it's helpful to you!

Glen.

ps. Check also the new song of Christina Aguilera out! - The voice within..... the piano is also great here.
  9. pdean6

pdean6 New Member

Just watch out for some of the older composers because they tend to have Easy and Hard versions e.g. Fur Elise
  10. howdydoody

howdydoody New Member

cool
    :thumbsup:
  11. howdydoody

howdydoody New Member

cool :thumbsup:
  12. howdydoody

howdydoody New Member

soz didnt think the first one worked!
  13. bobbinka

bobbinka New Member

no noooo nooooooooo u guyz are so classical!!! ewwwwwwwwwww!
    classical is the worst stuff ever to play!
    find sum modern day songz 2 play...
    they're alot easier in the first place, and the songz are better...
    try finding slow songz... mandy moore's - only hope soundz pretty good on piano, mmmmmm, westlife's - flying without wings... argh... too many 2 name... juz go find a song u lyk, print it off, and play it... nothing is too hard, as long as u know the keys, and u can read music, u can play anything... juz takes practice...
  14. allen2404

allen2404 New Member

Try anything by John Cage, I guess when you get more experience though. -Beautiful pieces.
  15. acid_dk

acid_dk New Member

i'm a piano newbie also (just started a month ago. Some songs i started out with were clocks (very easy), to zanarkand, my immortal, fur elise, and a couple of riffs by linkin park.

hope this helps.
  16. justinlow2

justinlow2 New Member

get up kids

anything get up kids will help u out alot
  17. Moyboy3

Moyboy3 New Member

Just check out some free midi sites. Do something you know and enjoy, like a movie theme, tv show, or just a song you like. Once you get used to playing then you can start moving onto more difficult pieces.
  18. Concade

Concade New Member

Well, besides the typical "Mary had alittle lamb" and "Row row row your boat", you can head to your local sheet music store and check that out. Alot of times they have beginner's books full of scaled down songs including present day hip hop type of songs.
  19. stef2535

stef2535 New Member

yo,
    I play the piano for 7 years now and mad world, under pressure-queen, songs by coldplay-the scientist-clocks, scandal-also by queen are good and kinda easy songs to learn but keep in mind that under pressure is not really a stand alone song. The rest is.

Have fun with it ;)
  20. jeaniesing

jeaniesing Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

One of my students directed me to w3m.fateback.com where she had downloaded (.pdf format get acrobat reader) some pop songs in some very easy notation :)