Good piano songs to begin with??

Discussion in 'Original Music' started by Lord Midi, Dec 13, 2003.

1. CyberCat

CyberCat Active Member

2. thepulse

thepulse New Member

The last of the mohicans
  3. vi3tsh0rty07

vi3tsh0rty07 New Member

right here waiting for you by richard marx is pretty easy
  4. Evermore128

Evermore128 New Member

A lot of Coldplay stuff is pretty easy, and is a lot of fun to play :)
  5. tomaweg

tomaweg New Member

yeah the scientist rules!!
  6. korbomite

korbomite New Member

One of the best beginner pieces that actually has some good technique improving fingerings is Pachelbel's Canon in D. Not only is it a recognizeable classic, but it can be played quickly (to build dexterity) and still sound good.
  7. deifiic

deifiic Guest

Like a lot of other people said, id say your best bet is to get a piano song book,

btw a REALLY easy song to learn and play is greensleeves
  8. Mike2490

Mike2490 New Member

Try Mozarts' K 545 Sonata in C Major 1st movement. God, I love that song. When you get good, post a MIDI of your interpertation of it in MIDI format! lol
  9. G-man

G-man Prodigal Philanthropist

Good selection Mike 2490! It's a fun one to play too. :)

What was I playing yesterday?... Ah! Chopin: Ballade, Opus 52 in Fm.
  10. ZelRiptha

ZelRiptha Thnow White but I drifted Staff Member Super Mod

Last edited: Dec 7, 2004
  11. pdean6

pdean6 New Member

U just have to watch out with the simpler versions of popular songs as they have been dumbed down and lose the quality of the song
  12. Krissssss

Krissssss New Member

Yes like "For elise", there is a very simple version witch can be play by anyone... But the quality isn't really good... :S
  13. vadinmuur

vadinmuur New Member

heres what i did :)

I am a self taught Keyboardest of 6 years now, im still not the greatest but i started out just playing around with simple tunes on my my mothers old piano.
    Now i can use my keyboard to play the board parts for songs by nightwish like Ever Dream and Bless the Child.

Any way, believe it or not, a good place to start is to listen to some of the older 80s glam rock, like Europes the final countdown, the riff there is very simple, actually alot of Europes stuff is good to practice with.

I used Europe, Bon jovi and some old simple classical and folk tunes to practice with at first, like mary had a little a lamb, and twinkle twinkle.

If you want to make it easier on yourself and you can read music, get yourself a keyboard that has a disk drive, why? because most boards with a disk drive play midi files, the last two i had did that anyway. if you find a midi with just a piano part, if ur keyboard like mine reads the score it will give u note for note and time to play in and u can slow the song down so it goes slow enough for you to learn, thats also how i learned. Just a couple of suggestions from someone who has been there and done that. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk further :) later and good luck
  14. david_bcn_82

david_bcn_82 New Member

hi! me too a begginer

hi! me too a begginer (well, I come from advanced guitar hehehe). I started with famous songs like:

*Aladdin - A whole new world (I have no file; I have the original book).

*Sonata quasi una fantasia (Beethoven)--> here you have the midi, if you like...--> http://rapidshare.de/files/21588814/carousel.mid.html

*Prelude I (Bach Bwv 846)--> http://rapidshare.de/files/21588634/Johann_Sebastian_BACH_-_Preludio_Bwv_846.zip.html

*Britney Spears - Everytime --> http://nephele.kulichki.com/down/index.php?Everytime.pdf

*Enya - A day without rain--> (I recommend you to hear the song to know how to play is, making the rythm well)--> http://rapidshare.de/files/21588560/a_day_without_rain-enya.zip.html

I started also with the elevtronic piano (a big Casio I don't remember the model) with Bach - Tocata and Fugue in Dm --> http://rapidshare.de/files/21589051/Bach_Toccata_Fugue_Organ.pdf.html (I am stuck around compass 40: this song must be played with foot-keyboard too, so as I have not it I've managed to play with only 2 hands till that point)

hope you enjoy!!! :p
  15. david_bcn_82

david_bcn_82 New Member

--

of course, you can email me if you have questions :p or to tell me what songs you have found good for starting (I have friends that also want to learn piano by themselves)

david_bcn_82 at hotmail dot com :cool2:
  16. x1bsas

x1bsas New Member

cool topic :)