Good Year For The Roses - Elvis Costello

Discussion in 'Filled Requests' started by Midi Doc, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Midi Doc

Midi Doc New Member

i've asked in the midi section .... but no luck... so i thought maybe i should try here too.... does anyone have, or can anyone sequence

Good Year For The Roses - Elvis Costello

pleeeezzzzz

:cool:
  2. Midi Doc

Midi Doc New Member

ok... i'm having a go at sequencing this track myself.... done the drums and bass tracks so far... doing the guitars and strings section now.... hopefully in the next couple of days i'll have a passable version to post

if anyone wants a copy let me know here and i'll put it on the board.

could use some constructive critisism as i dont sequence very often.

3. tinglto

tinglto New Member

good year for the roses

How's it coming on? I'd love to hear the finished product! I'll check back later and see if you've posted it. All the best from north of the border!
  4. Midi Doc

Midi Doc New Member

Sorry Tinglto, i should have said in here as well.... i've posted it in the midi request section.... have a look...got someone looking at it see if it can be improved....

tell me what ya think

5. Midi Doc

Midi Doc New Member

well ...... thanks to Woof, a member of the Karaoke Krew, we now have a version here with the lyrics added.

hope ya enjoy :cool:

once again .... thanks Woof :thumbsup:

Attached Files:

6. Ronny

Ronny Midi Mad Super Mod! Staff Member Super Mod

Great job woof, well done!!
  7. Midi Doc

Midi Doc New Member

Woof.... when ya added the lyrics onto this midi file i sequenced and turned it into a kar file, what program did ya use to do it and is it fairly easy to do??

wouldnt mind having a go myself

8. kimengumi

kimengumi New Member

Good job !
  9. woof

woof New Member

Making Karaoke Files

Hi Doc and all other would be Editors,
    Let me start by saying I don't play any instruments and have no musical training at all( if you heard me sing you would see what I mean).

For writing songs( Kar files) I use Karakan it's freeware and very easy to use with its own karaoke player .

Download from
    http://www.geocities.com/takawadanl/karakan.html

It's the only one I use the first time I downloaded it I threw it out without trying it because I did'nt belive it was that easy and though I had misunderstood it
    It was only my grandaughters kept asking for a song that I could'nt find that made me download it again and try it.

Just find your midi (thats the hard part) it has to have a melody track (one play's the voice notes) then get the lyrics. When you load the midi in to Karakan it will ask you which track is the melody then copy and paste the lyrics in and tell them when to highlight by adding a "-" (the key between 0 and =) to the words e.g. "always and ever" are three words but in music they are five notes you put in the "-" so it reads "al-ways and e-ver" then when it plays it highlights at the right time its dead easy try it.
    I have posted something similar on this board before but make no apologies for it if this encourages people to make kar files.
    There are alot of midis on the net without the melody so someone who sequences midis could add one and would be a big asset to the karaoke community here at Midi Buddy.

If anyone needs any help Mail me
    If you make any songs send Post them on the midi buddy karaoke board

Download Karakan and have some fun
    All the best
    Woof
  10. oboloori2

oboloori2 New Member

i work out
  11. Midi Doc

Midi Doc New Member

cheers Woof, i'll give it a go

:thumbsup: