Guitar+midi love hate relationship

Discussion in 'Guitar' started by draccon, Sep 24, 2002.

1. draccon

draccon New Member

Hi, I`m draccon, I`ve just signed up & am not to sure what i`m doing yet, but i`ve made it this far.
    I`ve been playing guitar for 12 years now, & after being a " if you ever see me in a duo just shoot me" Guitarist , i`m now the PROUD dad of one bouncing baby Duo !!
    I`ve always been & still am a rock guitarist ,nothing flash i just love the energy, I was offered a position in a duo over a year ago & have been flat out since. 2 weeks before the frist gig we got the midi backing on CD`s from a local studio only to find thhat most of the songs were incorrect & we couldn`t use them!!
    PANIC:eek: so i spent a week of sleepless nights trying to teach myself how to create midi on my computor , needless to say they were pretty crappy sounding, but it got us through the night
    & i`ve been having fun ever since.
    Almost all of the muso`s i talked to said " duo, don`t do it its soul destroying!" but we`ve had some great nites & if i`m still having fun i`m happy.
    Oh yeah I live in New Zealand & work during the day :( & play 3 nites a week. could sure use some tips on hoe everthing works here. Drac
  2. voice of god

voice of god Prodigal Pyjamas Pervert Staff Member Super Mod

Welcome draccon, good to have you here.

Just read the faq up the top of the page and then P.M me or one of the other mods if you have any questions.

I also play in a duo and one thing I have noticed is that it makes you a better musician. Been doin it for a coupla years now and my timing and playing is now tighter than ever.

If you sequence your own songs, don't hesitate to post some of them in the self-sequenced section. (click on Boards,(top left) and you'll find it )

see ya round
  3. AjA

AjA New Member

Yeah, good fun gettin started.Sounds like you got the bug.

--------------------------------------------

Nothing is impossible,

for the man who doesn't have to do it himself.
  4. midiaxe

midiaxe New Member

Welcome draccon! I do the same thing, use backing tracks with a trio (a bass player, female singer who also plays guitar and myself). I play guitar (been playing since 5) and I started backing tracks last year. It's so much fun!!!

-MX
  5. wojo222

wojo222 New Member

a lot of people make some good money off of just selling backing tracks for performers. Guitar Pro is a pretty sweet program.