haminet registration???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tammy, Jun 27, 2004.

1. tammy

tammy New Member

will some smart internet person tell me how to register on this site so i can have access to more midis and info.
    i am not living in canada or usa.
    thanks.
    t
  2. tammy

tammy New Member

3. Zandro

Zandro New Member

I recommend you don't. It used to be that you could just give a username and e-mail, but now they want you to sign up with partner sites before you can even touch their content.
  4. tammy

tammy New Member

thanks, i think i will take your advice, because i saw some the things listed that their sponser site will send ie coooooooookies and other junk mail. so i think i am probably lucky i couldnt register. still its a shame, they often have great midis.
    but i am still curious is their registration page a bit of a mess that i couldnt register?
    t
  5. Zandro

Zandro New Member

I believe that as you register with the partner site, they give you a URL to copy. Going back to the Hamienet registration page, they expect you to copy the URL into the empty text box as validation. If there are two different sites sponsored, then it is if one fails, one may try again with the other. Anyway, you don't have to register at all to download the MIDI files on the page... the catch is that you only have three download credits, and is rechargable back up to three only once a day.
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2004
  6. Zandro

Zandro New Member

I just went through the registration process, and it can be done safely with a dummy e-mail account, which can be set up at Yahoo or any other free e-mail provider. Here's what to do:

• 1. Create a Yahoo mail account that you know you will use only once. It should not reflect actual personal information. Be careful that you don't install the Yahoo Toolbar in the process if you don't wish for additional browser clutter, or if you haven't already intentionally. Don't forget the account name and password!

2. Access AmericanSingles.com through the HamieNET registration page and choose to become a member.

3. Again, place false details just to complete registration. The e-mail address should be the dummy account previously set up.

3. Under the Congratulations screen, access the dummy e-mail account for the validation process.

4. Click on the first link in the sent e-mail to verify the address and complete the registration. You should now be in the "Thank You" screen.

5. Copy the URL in the address bar. Save the URL somewhere safe, in case it may be useable again.

6. Access the HamieNET registration page, and paste the URL in the empty text box.

7. Click Enter, and you should now be elegible to register for complete access to HamieNET's contents.
  7. tammy

tammy New Member

heh heh!
    i love beating the system. gonna try it.
    thanks!!
    t
  8. tammy

tammy New Member

yahooo, thanks midi buddy zandro
    dunno how long it took you, took me over an hour to figure it out, but thanks to you and a little help from my friend. weve done it!
    midi addiction goes on!
    t