Harem-Sarah Brightman

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Donetsky, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Donetsky

Donetsky New Member

Hi all! I cannot find midi HAREM (Sarah Brightman)...
    However I already have made it. (I.e. copied wav HAREM to midi).
    Unfortunately, the second part of my "copy" has no "drive" in comparison with the original. I do not know why it... Harmony is correct, drums too (as it seems to me).
    Therefore I ask does someone has this midi?
    Send me HAREM in mid, please, I wish to compare. Probably author of other copy has received necessary "drive".
    Certainly, I am ready to give the own variant of this song. Only in Nuendo the project (*.npr).
    P.S. I suspect, that this reference ( http://board.midibuddy.net/showthread.php?s=&postid=442790#post442790 ) can have a desirable file. It is a pity, but for me it is closed:"Donetsky, you do not have permission to access this page." :exasper:
  2. Kwame

Kwame New Member

Gonna take it off topic a smidge now. Is it just me, or is this wav-to-midi thing technically impossible? If it is, I'd like to at least use it to map out timing and drums and stuff. But it seems to me it would be impossible to map high-hats, toms, etc. (anything that wouldn't spike an oscillograph). I guess I'm looking for real-world experiences regarding wav-to-midi conversion.
  3. Donetsky

Donetsky New Member

Dear brother Kwame!
    I do not want, that you have drawn a conclusion on my nonsense or naivety. ;)
    I very well understand that it is impossible to do multitimbralwav-to-midi (i.e. by program way).
    I know one real way to convert wav-to-midi only.
    The procedure is the simple: my ears- my hands-my keyboard-a sequencer.
    In Russian slang it is called to "take off" or to "lick off" (a song, a melody).
    Such way I used, when made "take off" the Harem.
    I do not know how it is called in English, THEREFORE have applied the term "copied wav HAREM to midi".
    If you are interested my algorithm of "take off" in more details - certainly I will write for you.
    If the result of my work is interesting to you (i.e. the Harem minus one) I can send it for you in MP3 too.
  4. Kwame

Kwame New Member

Sorry if you took it as "nonsense" and "naivete". I just wanted confirmation that the information I had was correct, and you confirmed that. Thank you.

Now, if you would like me to look at the file:

Post the .mid, or pm me, or whatever. Nuendo projects are of no use to me. If I don't hear what the problem is the first time, then you're going to need to elaborate on what "drive" means to you.
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  5. Donetsky

Donetsky New Member

Ok. Wait, please.
    I now will make it.
    In 10 minutes you receive *.npr a file.
    But I warn: the project there is "heavy".
    There are "plaing": Nexus, Sampletank, Hypersonic, Addictive Drums, Korg M1 :)
  6. Kwame

Kwame New Member

Do NOT send the .npr file. I either need the MP3 or the .mid. It sounds like you should send me the MP3.
  7. Donetsky

Donetsky New Member

Check your e-mail pls!!!
  8. Kwame

Kwame New Member

The reason it doesn't have any drive is because A:

The bass line is missing. You've got that arpeggio playing, but that's at least an octave higher than it can be to give you any help on the bottom-end, and

B: You are also missing the off-beat open hi-hat, which is probably the major reason why you say it doesn't have the same drive.

Go into your drum roll and add an open hi-hat in the middle of beat, depending on what resolution you're working at (at 120 ticks per quarter-note), you'd put it in on every 02:060.

That's just what I get upon first listen. Let me know tomorrow if you need anything else.
  9. Donetsky

Donetsky New Member

To Kwame:
    I thank you for a response.
    The bass line is not absent! I have a bass. But I was guided with the original soundtrack.The matter is that: the original bass is hidden.
    I do not know who there "genius" of mastering, who "has hidden" a bass-line, but Harem's bass is practically not audible (or I have bad monitors, ears and headphones). :)
    Other side of the problem: I have Harem.MP3 only (i.e. MP3 an original song 128 kbt/s) and probably did not hear some nuances.
    Really, you are right, there is open hi-hat .
    When I have made the hi-hat line, I have made general "groove" and one has satisfied me. But I have forgotten to check up details...
    Then (several days ago) I listened to the original the Harem and I have heard have incorrectly placed groove of the synthesizer party (that which begins change slow to fast part)
    If to do conclusions, the arrangement of Harem is rather difficult. Complexity consists, first of all, in a rhythmic component.
    Though the song is made on constant (machine) tempo, there plays "live" percussion and a "live" orchestra.
    Therefore the greatest complexity was percussion part.But, seems to me, I have solved this problem.
    The third (or the fourth) a side of the problem - my Nuendo-project is divided into three files: Percussion, Drums and all the rest (bass, orchestra, pad, flute etc.).
    Why, if you ask?
    My seven-year-old PC cannot "pull" all tracks simultaneously.I suffered such mockery long time and month ago have bought new PC.Now I am happy like elephant after bathing. :) The new machine "pulls" like the tank and does not leave 50 % zone of loading in "heavy" projects.
    Best regards.
    P.S. Prompt me pls, that is called the copying procedure "wav-to-midi" in English?
  10. Kwame

Kwame New Member

I'm glad you are as happy "as the elephant after bathing"...

Wav-to-midi in English is called transcription. But know that transcription can mean almost anything. Like you can "transcribe" lyrics from an mp3, you can "transcribe" sheet music into midi.

The confusion was is that there is a software process that is advertised where you are supposed to be able to convert .wav to midi, but there's no way it could possibly work multitimbrally, and that's what I thought you where initially talking about.

I don't care whether it really works or not (wav to midi conversion), but if it does, I certainly would want to use it.
  11. Donetsky

Donetsky New Member

I ask you explain in detail these words:"The confusion was is that there is a software process that is advertised where you are supposed to be able to convert .wav to midi, but there's no way it could possibly work multitimbrally, and that's what I thought you where initially talking about.

I don't care whether it really works or not (wav to midi conversion), but if it does, I certainly would want to use it."
    I cannot understand exact sense. Sorry...
  12. Kwame

Kwame New Member

People sell wav.-to-midi convertor programs...but they do not work.
  13. Donetsky

Donetsky New Member

Yes, I agree.
    However it works (sometimes) for monotimbral line.
    But I always trust own ears.
    In case I have a complex musical fragment I use own wife.(Do not laugh, please. It is only a small part of use of women. I think, you know. :D )
    She has full perfect pitch, both melodic and harmonious.
    So, if you have any harmony problems - call me. :)