"Heaven," (Candlelight mix)-DJ SAMMY :: IS FINSIHED!!! ::

Discussion in 'Filled Requests' started by THEFISH, Nov 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THEFISH

THEFISH New Member

"Heaven," (Candlelight mix)-DJ SAMMY

Ok this request is strictly for the candlelight mix of "Heaven" by DJ SAMMY. I don't want the dance/techno or Bryan Adams original midi. I have those. I have already done an exhaustive search and it seems no one has yet provided information on attaining this particular midi.

I don't care if I have to buy it from a supplier. I just want it. I have tried to buy the sheet music for it and they only seem to have the dance/techno version available. Any help in finding the sheet music or the midi file would be greatly appreciated. Like I said, "I don't care if I have to buy it. I just want it." So if you know where it is for sale - TELL ME! PLEASE! BEFORE I GO INSANE! or should I say more insane?

Please do not post unless you would like to be added to the list. I have read posts by some of the moderators saying they will delete junk posts. So don't make a mess of this. Don't give links to or file attachments to either of the other midi's aforementioned because those 2 are everywhere. Just the candlelight mix please.

JUST THE CANDLELIGHT MIX!
  2. Miz

Miz New Member

hello, im from germany and i like this mix too.

if anyone have the mix, please send me a privat message.
  3. THEFISH

THEFISH New Member

"Heaven," (Candlelight mix)-DJ SAMMY

It appears I can have one custom made for $75-$100 from cybermedia.com, but when I said I wouldn't mind paying for it I was refering to something a little more economical. However if these guys ever do make this midi and make it available. SOLD!
  4. THEFISH

THEFISH New Member

"Heaven,"(Candlelight mix)-DJ SAMMY

I have talked to the cybermedia people and have got a quote. It seems that I can by the rights to sell the midi once it is made and must give 50% of the selling price to them. I want to know what people here are willing to pay(or even if they are willing to pay) for this song. If I can get enough buyers to earn back at least around $50, making my costs around $10, it will be worth it. The more people willing to buy it from me the lower we can get the cost! If 50 people are interested it would only be $2. If only 5 are interested it will be about $20! So the more the better. That is my goal. Due to the possibility of piracy and me completely losing my investment I would not disperse the midi until timely payments totaling a return close to the $50 were made. Those not timely will not receive the midi and will get their money back if they still send it late. In other words, if you commit, be ready to pay fast so as not to delay other people. Take to long and you won't get the opportunity for another three weeks. I do not intend to make any money off of this at all. I only want to be reimbursed for most of my expenses. Once I get this done I will sell the other copies for 2 cents just to be able to send a 50% cut. I figure this probably won't really happen and that piracy will run rampant once it is out. Because I don't want people holding out for when it is 2 cents(or just plain free and illegal) I will only do that 2 cent thing 3 weeks after the others have their midi. Hopefully I can find enough people interested. I'll be watching this thread. SO just post if you are interested and the approx cost you are willing to contribute. Everyone will pay the same amount so if you put $10 and 50 people want it .... it changes to around $2.

(PS the quote was $50 for the midi and $10 for the rights to sell it. Me having the rights to sell it would allow me to sell it super super cheap. Like 2 cents. If I don't buy the rights it will be $6 to everyone from cybermidi. That is why I put about $50 as the magical number.)
  5. Miz

Miz New Member

a cd in germany kost 5 € why does the midi cost 50 $?
  6. THEFISH

THEFISH New Member

Why $50 for a midi?

It is $50 because it has to be made by a musician. The musician plays his version of the song which will be slightly different than the original. Midi happens to store everything about the music also. What instuments are being played, what notes, for how long, how hard was the note hit, etc. From this information and with the right software you can create sheet music from any midi file! That means because they don't sell the sheet music to this song that this is about the closest thing available right now. If all you want to do is listen, buy the $5 cd, but if you want to play. Get the MIDI. I really tried to find the sheet music for this and have failed. I would much rather buy the inexpensive sheet music than to pay a musician to recreate it. I have the first couple measures figured out myself, but then it gets a little complicated. Hope that answers it for you.
  7. Ralph'e'

Ralph'e' www.ralphe.tk

its becuase the MIDI can be used for remixing..
  8. Miz

Miz New Member

oh i understand.. but in germany you can't buy midi files in a shop.
  9. ApocMWC

ApocMWC New Member

i know this might be off topic but what software do you guys use to break up the midi to make sheet music?
  10. THEFISH

THEFISH New Member

I can't believe someone asked what sheet music was! Sheet music is what a musician reads so they can play the song on their instrument. It has all the notes on scales and is written/printed on paper. Music books are a form of sheet music.

Anyway to answer the question about software that can make the sheetmusic from midi. My personal favorite at this time is Voyetra's Digital Orchestrator Pro(also known as DOP). That program absolutey rocks! And the cost is very reasonable for what it can do. You can get some software that is a little more troublesome, but is free online. If you combine DOP with Creatives Wave Studio you can practically do anything with absolute ease.
  11. Miz

Miz New Member

sorry.. but in germany we don't know the word Sheet music.

in germany we say _noten_.

can i get a freeware version of a sheet music programm?

i want to look what the programm can do. ( i hope you unterstand me, but i don't know what this question mean in englisch :( )
  12. THEFISH

THEFISH New Member

Here is NoteWorthy Composer Evaluation edition. This is a demo, but it will still do the job. I cannot attach the file for it is ~4 times the max allowable size. You can go here:

http://www.noteworthysoftware.com/composer/evaluate.htm

And that will send you to the download page where you can get the program.
  13. lostdave

lostdave 'EVIL' Mod

Guys,
    i am working on a version @ the moment...
    It's not going to be perfect....but it will be damn close...
    Very slow going at the moment (took me about 30 mins to do the first 8 bars last night).

There will be no vocal scratch....piano and strings......nothing else...

As soon As I have done it I will put it in Self sequenced.....

Dave
  14. lostdave

lostdave 'EVIL' Mod

Last edited: Nov 16, 2002
  15. jmoschetti45

jmoschetti45 New Member

well if you get it i may be willing to buy depending on the price.
  16. Asphodeline

Asphodeline New Member

Requests for this song are all over the internet...I wonder why demand hasn't produced anything?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.