HELP! Keyboard won't transmit MIDI to PC

Discussion in 'Sequencing Hardware' started by usmanasif, Dec 7, 2003.

1. usmanasif

usmanasif New Member

Hello! I know I am posting on the wrong board, but please help me out if you can.

I have a Yamaha PSR-730 keyboard and I am trying to connect it to my PC via Creative Soundblaster Extigy which is already hooked up. I am using a standard MIDI cable from PSR to Extigy, but the keyboard is not transmitting to the PC. WHY? I have checked with the PSR manual and everything's fine on the keyboard end. The Extigy apparently doesn't need to have any settings altered so it should work. But it does NOT!
    BTW, I am hooking it up to learn piano via Adventus Piano Suite Premier. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!:confused2
  2. Zandro

Zandro New Member

Have you selected the proper MIDI_IN device in your sequencing software?
  3. usmanasif

usmanasif New Member

I am not using a sequencer software, only Adventus piano software.
  4. Zandro

Zandro New Member

Okay, have you selected the proper MIDI_IN device in your Adventus piano software?
  5. titanicm14

titanicm14 New Member

Ok what you have to do is first check all of your connections.
    2. make sure your sound card is fully functional through your control panel. make sure that you see sequencing things in there
    3. make sure you have (on the cable to keyboard) out to in and in to out,,, dont worry it this is how it works.
    4. check your programs and make sure that (midi in) from your sound card sequencer is selected
    uon1@pitt.edu if more q's