Help me - Ideas for new midi

Discussion in 'Original Music' started by ncquinta, Aug 4, 2004.

1. ncquinta

ncquinta New Member

I want to create a new midi that mixes the song Hotel California with another to make it soundtrack of a weird devilish midroad bar. Any ideas? I'd like to mix the song with one from a videogame, but I can't imagine which one.
  2. kuerbo

kuerbo New Member

There's some cool stuff fromLucas Arts' Full Throttle...
  3. Black_Kat

Black_Kat Horny Hornist

Well my prodigal friend who's going to help me take over the world with our offspring said that this midi I made sounded videogamish...I doubt it will fit in with Hotel California...but it's called Help Me if that helps any :laugh:

Oh and whatever you come up with, transpose it so it starts on the C note and post in the Music Geek game so I can give you money, okay? ;)

...and if you wanna make a freaky midi, usually the D minor scale, strings, celesta, and FX Goblins stuck together will do the job.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2004
  4. ncquinta

ncquinta New Member

Your midi is interesting, I like it, but I don't think it'll fit the ocasion. I saved it anyway, I may use it for other purpose (I already paid for it anyway).

Here's a screenshot of the scenario of the game:

[​IMG]

It's not updated, so you don't see the coke machine :cool:

I just don't know what you meant by "Oh and whatever you come up with, transpose it so it starts on the C note and post in the Music Geek game so I can give you money, okay?". Maybe because I'm new to this forum.
  5. Black_Kat

Black_Kat Horny Hornist

Oh! Heh! Do you see the link in my sig? 'The Music Geek Game'? I made that thread so people can post their songs and earn money from me. There are rules and everything there, but no one is really playing. I'm trying to make more people play so they stop complaining about not having MB cash :)

And awesome! What do you plan to do with my midi?
  6. ncquinta

ncquinta New Member

I just checked your topic, sounds interesting, but my current sequencing software sux, and it's getting the notes delayed when I play, so I can't manage to compose anything, just edit.

About your "help me.mid"... I don't know yet! I'm keepin it just in case. Is that ok with you?
  7. Black_Kat

Black_Kat Horny Hornist

Sure :)

And have you tried Anvil Studio? www.anvilstudio.com I unfortunately don't have a MIDI keyboard yet so I use anvil.
  8. ncquinta

ncquinta New Member

Looks really cool! That was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!
  9. themidigooru

themidigooru New Member

Hey theres no shame in that. Anvil is awsome. the only reason to have a midi keyboard is for bends and junk like that
  10. Black_Kat

Black_Kat Horny Hornist

Your welcome ncquinta :)

And I like Anvil and I'm not sure if I could acutally compose using a keyboard anyway :blush: my piano skills are still in the making! Heh! But my mouse clicking skills are mastered ;)