Help me!

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by coming_clean, Dec 31, 2002.

1. coming_clean

coming_clean New Member

on some midi files i have noticed that some of the tracks change within the song, this means i cant play it on my keyboard and i need to be able to in order to play along with them. Does anyboday know if there is a way to spit tese tracks up? of if there is another solution? Thanks.
  2. Stilcrazy

Stilcrazy Just a Regular Midi Guy

Sounds like you may be getting a program change part way through a track ... you could try deleting the program change but that may change the midi too much. On my keyboard I set it so I can play the keyboard on channel 1 where there is no midi sounds.
  3. coming_clean

coming_clean New Member

hmm thats a good idea but i cant do that with mine, do you know if there is a program out there to do this?
  4. Stilcrazy

Stilcrazy Just a Regular Midi Guy

Sorry I don't ... mybe someone else can answer this ...
  5. midiprog2000

midiprog2000 New Member

Use a program like Cubase or Cakewalk, load the file.
    Select the track and cut the selected track before the second programchange in the track. You now have two parts on the same track. Drag the second part to another track, and make sure you give this new track a midi channel that is not used by any other tracks. Check if there is no time difference between the part you just moved and the other tracks. Now save the file. If you want to play the file on a hardware sequencer such as a keyboard, make sure you save the file in format 0.
    That's it !

Kind regards
    Alain
  6. tibby

tibby New Member

if the programme change is your problem in cubase you can go to List editor and delete or cakewalk go toevent list and deleted
  7. coming_clean

coming_clean New Member

cheers both of you, i needed that