Help!

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Furionknight, Aug 19, 2004.

1. Furionknight

Furionknight New Member

Ok there are alot of sites that mess up for me, but Hotmail is one of em. Each time I try to sign into my accounts, right when I click sign-in it sends me to a totally different site called incredifined. The people at Microsoft never answer me, so any ideas?
  2. Zandro

Zandro New Member

Sounds like an evil BHO (browser helper object--can be malicious) installed on your computer. Download Ad-Aware from www.lavasoft.de, Spybot S&D from security.kolla.de, and Spyware Blaster from www.javacoolsoftware.com, and run their search rutines separately and between restarts. If those don't knock out your problem, come back and let me know.
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2004
  3. Furionknight

Furionknight New Member

Thanks Zandro, I'll check into those right away. But I have noticed a new problem. When I try to sign into Yahoo messenger, it says there is no connect, and to check it. Well I'm surfing the internet at the same time and it seems fine. Please tell me whats going on, cause I'm lost!:hit:

-Edit-
    Also MSN Instant Messenger!!!
    But AIM seems to be fine...wtf?:eek:

-Edit2-
    Ok I ran Ad-Aware...140 problems :eek: :eek: :eek: I fixed em all. It works alot better, still no sign on why I can't get into any of the IM's or my Hotmail account. But now when signing into my Hotmail account, it just says it cannot find the page or something. At least theres progress.
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2004
  4. Zandro

Zandro New Member

Reinstall the programs to replace lost registry entries that could have been deleted by the anti-adware/spyware programs. Or, switch to Gaim, a multiple-protocol instant messaging client that supports ICQ, IRC, Jabber (my choice), MSN, Napster, Novell GroupWise, Oscar ("AIM/ICQ"), Lotus Sametime, TOC, Yahoo!, and Zephyr. I highly recommend you pick up a free copy at gaim.sf.net.

I'm guessing Hotmail relies on internet cookies to automatically log you in. Cookies are deleted upon request by the security programs I recommended. Bear with me, for I have never used Hotmail. Is it a requirement that you download supplementary software to start using the service? If so, try re-installing that software. Have you tried logging in from hotmail.com, or is that the site you are unable to access?
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2004
  5. Furionknight

Furionknight New Member

No software for hotmail. I try to login through the hotmail website and wen i type in my info and hit login it says it cant find the page.
    Thanks for the link. Ill go dl it now!
  6. Zandro

Zandro New Member

What is your current operating system?
  7. Graz

Graz New Member

Check a firewall (like Zonealarm, McAffee, Symantec) isn't blocking your websites. Make sure you have a decent up to date virus scanner too as you might have a virus. If you don't have a scanner, AVG is an excellent free Anti-virus.
  8. Furionknight

Furionknight New Member

Windows XP Home

Hmmmm, wow, maybe my laziness has come back to bite me.
  9. Zandro

Zandro New Member

You MIGHT have the MSBlast.exe and/or wmpupdate.exe (more widely known as Gaobot) viruses. Use AVG in Safe Mode and see if that fixes your issues.
  10. Furionknight

Furionknight New Member

Holy Cow... 1 Virus and 2 Trojans... Thanks guys lets see if this will work afterwards!:)