Help...?

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by Nah!, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Nah!

Nah! New Member

I’ve been working diligently since Christmas on a few MIDIs…19 to be exact. I haven’t finished them yet, but most are well on their way now. My goal is to make these MIDIs the absolute best they can be, within reason, considering I am only an amateur MIDI sequencer and most of you are professionals. I’ve listened to my work hundreds of times constantly asking myself “how can I make this MIDI better?”. I’ve even gone as far as to download Karakan, a karaoke-creating program allowing me to add synched-lyrics to the MIDIs taking a giant step towards professionalism à la MIDI-HITS. Though the MIDIs sound great to me, as mentioned here before, they may not sound the same to everyone else. However, I will include demo files allowing those interested to sample my work in an audio format and if they choose to download the .mid file (in it’s entirety), they may do so as well. Since you may not recognize the songs I’m making the MIDIs for, I will also include a link to a streaming media sample of the original song. I will provide Hypertext URL links to all files, so it will not cost you MB cash to sample my work. All I am asking is that you help me out a bit by taking the time to listen to my work and give me honest feedback of how I can improve, what sounds good, etc. Since I have 19 MIDIs, ideally I would post one MIDI a week for 19 weeks and at the end of that time period, there would be a collection of 19 high-quality MIDI files. As far as when this would begin, a tentative date has been set of about 20 weeks before the end of June, but that can change. I would love to have the final project (a zip file containing 19 MIDIs) completed by the final week of June 2005. If it takes longer, that is okay though, because quality is better then quantity. Nonetheless, if you would be interested in helping me out with this, let me know. Feel free to give any other opinions on this matter that you may have. :thumbsup:
  2. voice of god

voice of god Prodigal Pyjamas Pervert Staff Member Super Mod

sure I'll help. I'll listen to your midis and see if I can make helpful suggestions.
  3. Nah!

Nah! New Member

Okay. Thanks so much :)
  4. fidelio

fidelio New Member

WOW, That's certainly the most original and constructive thread ever posted by any one. I can't hardly wait.
    Please post one of your midis right this week.
  5. johnrowley

johnrowley Member

Look forward ot hearing some midis, as I am an amateur just dabbling with the midi when I get time. Not a lot of that these days, where is the rewind button ....
  6. alley da mac

alley da mac New Member

hope to get some real soon