hey people!

Discussion in 'Guitar' started by twistedsymphony, Feb 3, 2002.

1. twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony New Member

:confused: Hey people! Just bored and wanted to use up the five things before i get to download. So, i tried to play my mom's guitar-didnt really work! LOL. My fingers dont reach all the cords. Anyone have ideas? That would be helpfull. Maybe I was only meant to play the clarinet. hehehe. so, write me! Thanx again. bye!
  2. Coolhoho

Coolhoho New Member

stretch? hehe or just bend ur wrist more i guess
  3. supastar

supastar New Member

don't give up

that's what i thought for a while as well but then about 4 yrs ago i made up my mind to learn and what do you know success.....( to a certain degree) i'm definatly not not the best but i get by enough for a bit of rythym in the band. It's a handy skill to have when writing a new song. by the way i used to play clarinet to. but found you can't sing very well with it in ones mouth and singing is my first love so i gave that away and rock on with the guitar now..
    talk to you later....goodluck
    ;)
  4. Lem0ns

Lem0ns New Member

Buy lighter strings.
  5. theARTiSAN

theARTiSAN Administrator Staff Member Super Mod

Look at it like you're teaching your hand to contort into positions they don't come by naturally :)

They will get with the program eventually - just don't give up!
  6. elitesatellite

elitesatellite New Member

was it a nylon or steel stringed one remember nylon ones are wider
  7. willi001

willi001 New Member

I found that after learning guitar(which is just hours of agonizing practice) That when I learnt piano it cramped my left wrist majorly..Because of the difference in hand position...It hurt to the point that I had to stop playing the keys and rest my arm...I just kept at it and now it doesn't cramp up any more...:)