Hey Ya, Crazy in Love, Step in the Name of Love, and Push It

Discussion in 'Arrangements' started by Atlas, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Atlas

Atlas New Member

These four songs where originally in a 10 min drill with a BUNCH of other songs which was written/arranged by Cavie called "20 Century Fanfare Drill" (which is very good by the way). i picked these out because they are some of my favorites and well... rearranged them to fit my marching band. there are alot of differences between my four songs and Cavie's but the basic root structure and cords are all composed by Cavie not myself. i dont however like the ending but i havent got around to changing it. The song has turned out to be 2"2' long. fairly long for a stand tune but ehh whatever.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2004
  2. cavie

cavie New Member

i liked the way u changed it around and yea u can use it for ur band

SHOWSTYLE MARCHING BAND 4-LIFE!!!!!

Attached Files:

3. Atlas

Atlas New Member

Well, my band director and i both agreed that a high school marching band should not attempt to play "Hey Ya". Why? because it sounds really melodic (gay, as in homosexual). so i took it out and made the little 4 measures of "Crazy in Love" into half of the full version complete with a baritone (opt. trumpet) solo. even though no one probably cares i decided to post it any who.

Attached Files:

4. alejandro7

alejandro7 New Member

wow this is great, did your band play this?
  5. Atlas

Atlas New Member

I wish! my band director is over controlling and since he had already picked out the stand tunes for marching season he didnt want to take the time and teach the parts to everyone and since i dont have any real power in the band neither could i. at my school there's a big problem with seniority and when a junior out does everyone.... well... you could imagine
  6. Nonregband

Nonregband New Member

is there any way I can get a copy of this I play for a college and we need real songs! we play traditional peices we started a new band that plays pop PLEASE save me from the old stuff like Inagodavida!!! I am willing to pay for the composition ......PLEASE HELP!

I play for A&M's Non Reg band hence my name you can look us up on www.aggieathletics.com any compostions are much needed!
  7. CyberCat

CyberCat Active Member

Nice work, I enjoyed listening to it. :thumbsup:

Did your band actually play this?
  8. Atlas

Atlas New Member

i only wish. if my director didnt buy it then he doesnt want to take class time or practice time to practice the song. if a student writes it he expects it to be easy and well.... all of my songs that i've arranged are kinda hard minus a few. we did play through Push It cause its fairly simple but everyone else got confused when we played from the begining. which makes me mad cause i wasted a considerable amount of my summer writting/arranging a ton of songs and we only play ONE of them in the stands. "Sports Center" because its soooo EASY. makes me mad :hit:
  9. CyberCat

CyberCat Active Member

I can imagine that, that would be quite frustrating for you.
  10. Atlas

Atlas New Member

yeah, but i suppose next year when i'm a senior i may get my way. maybe
  11. ZelRiptha

ZelRiptha Thnow White but I drifted Staff Member Super Mod

Maybe suggest an ensemble arrangement - so some motivated folks could get together and practice after hours... ? Might not have the same volume, but you'd gain some clarity. :)
  12. Atlas

Atlas New Member

thats a good idea, but right now i dont really have any time after hours. but its something to keep in mind i suppose. and if i find some way to pull it off, and can perform the songs i write with my own little band just maybe my director will be impressed enough to actually have an offical practice using my songs. Thanks for the suggestion!
  13. ZelRiptha

ZelRiptha Thnow White but I drifted Staff Member Super Mod

You're welcome - I hope it goes well! :)
  14. CyberCat

CyberCat Active Member

Good luck, that sounds like a lot of work, but it will pay off if you can do it. :)
  15. tone1981

tone1981 New Member

20th century fanfare drill, now dats a throw back