how do i convert from wav/mp3 to mid

Discussion in 'Getting Started/New Member Help' started by pic0, Aug 14, 2003.

1. pic0

pic0 New Member

anyone knwo if i can convert wavs or mp3s to MID files
  2. Zandro

Zandro New Member

This topic has been discussed dozens of time before. Use MIDIBuddy's search function to find those topics.
  3. denman

denman New Member

hey there. i may not help you a lot, but before, I tried searching for wav to midi or mp3 to midi converters at CNet downloads http://download.com and at ZDNet www.zdnet.com/downloads and I had so many hits. Though some of these files are shareware / demo versions. I'll try to post the link if I got the luck to find it again.
  4. DORUMALAIA

DORUMALAIA New Member

5. Rewrt

Rewrt New Member

Hey thanks for that quick link! newbie myself here and interested in any breakthroughs in this area. I guess in 15 years cpu power may be fast enought to handle sorting out a 5 string jazz band, now to go see if my guess is on target.
  6. Rankinfile

Rankinfile Guardian Angel

Sorry guys. There just is no really good wav/mp3 to midi converter out there yet. Best thing to do is just sequence yourself or edit the free midis that are available out there on the web.
  7. Zandro

Zandro New Member

Regardless of CPU power, someone must program the algorithms to perform such a conversion. The best programmers today declare it virtually impossible, but so were the falling boulders on Death Mountain way back in 1984 during the creating of the first Zelda game.