How do I get the midi ringtone to my phone?

Discussion in 'Getting Started/New Member Help' started by tegman1, Nov 10, 2003.

1. tegman1

tegman1 New Member

I have a nokia 3595 and was wondering after I download a midi file how I get it into my phone? Sorry, I'm a real, real newbie!!
  2. yumnmz119

yumnmz119 New Member

im new here too...this is all a lil strange...heeh
  3. AustinPowers

AustinPowers New Member

You can do this in many way's, but you will need an IR "infared" connection or a FBUS or MBUS data cable to connect to your phone, then you simply use software to upload to your phone.

There are many about, but my fav is oxygen phine manager, this does the complete package for a very reasonable price, http://www.oxygensoftware.com
  4. boo1980

boo1980 New Member

im using Mars infrared data transfer.
  5. dyl

dyl New Member

Don't know about that phone, but on my Sony Ericsson T610 I just switch on the infrared and use my O/S to send the file to the phone.
  6. neil306

neil306 New Member

i find blue tooth the best cheap enough if you search about
  7. Jive

Jive New Member

I just got a 3595 as well and spent the night figuring out how to do this. As I didn't have a cable on hand, and I didn't want to wait nor buy one, I found some other ways to do this. A very simple alternative is to download it from the internet. I've found that the 3595 understands the mid format. So, just upload the mid file to a webspace, navigate your phone to that link and it will download it. Save it in your Tones folder and you can use it as a ringtone!
  8. elippsis

elippsis New Member

Thankf for the info...
  9. elippsis

elippsis New Member

what's a reliable site to pick up a infrared port?
  10. ellzar

ellzar New Member

I don't think the Nokia3595 has an infrared port. You'd have to go thoruhg WAP and d/l midis, or use a cable method. I've never done either as I just xfer the midi I want to my PPC and send it to my t610.

If you buy a infrared, especially for Nokia phones, I've heard it's very important to make sure it's MA-620 compliant.