How does everyone handle

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jpl, Mar 23, 2002.

1. jpl

jpl New Member

playing a click track live? I play in a band with 6 members and was wondering the different ways to send click track to the drummer.
  2. tavenger5

tavenger5 Mr Admin Guy Staff Member Admin

er... I'm guessing there's other sequences going on? Otherwise what's the point in playing to a click live?

If you want to keep it simple and really need to do it, feed a signal from a dr. beat into the drummer's monitor. Or take the same processor that's producing sequences and put the click on, feeding that channel to the drum monitor.

That's how I'd do it anyway.

I'd like to know what kind of setup your band is running that would require a click live. ..
  3. theARTiSAN

theARTiSAN Administrator Staff Member Super Mod

I'm just guessing that they are playing along with a midi that contains orchestration, extra percussion, synth or tuba (or whatever) to add some depth to their live performance -

If that is the case, they would need the clicks to keep in synch with the midi.

Am I close?

What was your final solution?
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2002
  4. jon-paul

jon-paul New Member

I guess your drummer dosent keep good time then? try another drummer (just kidding) run a seperate click trak through your mixer and monitor send to the drummers monitor alternatley get an electronic metrenome (by the way i cant spell) and plug the output to the monitor mix of the drummer